C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

beep sound

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
datmbn   
Tue May 17 2011, 01:02pm
Member No: #193
From time to time my navidrive or radio makes annoying beep sounds, at first i thought it was when the radio changed station but it can happen when not listening to the radio, it is the same sound that aper when an message like "waring for black ice" comes up.

Does anyone know what it is or how to put it of?

regards Mats
C6Dave   
Tue May 17 2011, 01:33pm

Member No: #1
Check that it's coded properly to the cars Vin

It will do that if not coded Mats.

Also, if a tyre pressure sensor is not being monitored correctly you get a warning beep. The battery's in them are estimated at a 7 year life expectancy so it's possible 1 is starting to fail?
Website
datmbn   
Wed May 18 2011, 05:02am
VIN number is OK and it beeps even with winter tires with pressure sensors deactivated so i don't think it is that .

Fore example when we dived to Oslo last weekend it was OK for 1/2 hours and then 2-3 beep in five min and then ok 45 min and 3-5 beep and OK for 3 hours and then only beeps once on the way home.

Now that i think of it it is not the same sound as when an warning comes up it is more defuse and a bit lower.
does any one have an other clue?

regards Mats
C6Dave   
Wed May 18 2011, 05:54am

Member No: #1
So there are no warnings popping up and nothing in the fault log at all?
Website
datmbn   
Wed May 18 2011, 03:09pm
No no warning and nothing in the fault log .

Maybe it is something with the Swedish radio traffic warning system and nothing with the car. or cud it possibly be the GPS that has difficult to get fix.

It is not very often so i can easily live with it but it wood be nice to know why it beeps

regards Mats
boxer_ian   
Thu Jun 09 2011, 06:20pm
Member No: #356
Sorry it has taken a time to reply. I have had a similar problem, but not with a C6. It turned out the radio had TP switched on, but the rf amplifier in the aerial circuit had failed. Whenever the radio lost RDS, it was warning that there would be no traffic announcements. It took a while to find mind you.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club