C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Welcome to our Scandinavian friends

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
michaelb   
Sun Jan 31 2010, 07:37pm
Member No: #14
I see quite a few new members registered tonight from Sweden and Norway. What's the sudden interest in C6s up there - are they discounting them heavily?

Welcome - we look forward to reading your posts.

Michael
David K   
Mon Feb 01 2010, 02:03pm
Member No: #42
Thanks!

I think the reason why it suddenly became a lot of scandinavian members is because it was a link on the swedish forum "Citroënakuten" to this site.
And it's a great site this! Just what I've been looking for after having a C4 before and visited C4owners from time to time.

I will introduce myself more a little bit later and share my experiences with this lovely car.

/David

C6Dave   
Thu Feb 04 2010, 02:27pm

Member No: #1
Nice to know about the link

I'll look into adding a link back when I get return from holiday
Website
JJH   
Sun Feb 14 2010, 06:26pm
Hello C6-owners

I am a norwegian C6-owner, it's rather few of us up here. I do not know the exact number of C6 in Norway, but I guess 15-20 would be rather close.

The norwegian Citroën- dealers do no longer have the C6 for sale, it can't even be ordered ! However, it's possible to bring the car from other countries, in my case Austria. Including norwegian taxes (very high) it costed about 45000 Euro. It's a 2007 2.2 HDi with 32000 km on the clock when i bought it.

I simply love this car, quick an comfortable with a beautiful design.

This winter has been very cold up here, but only once the low temperature caused any problem. After starting it at -29 degree Celsius, the lamp for engine problems lighted up, and the engine had almost no power. The display told me there were a problem with the exhaust cleaning system. The next day the problem had disappeared, and after that no problems at all. The lowest temperature when I was using the car was -37.

The fact that a electric engine-heater were installed seemed to help.

I found the link to your exellent site on the swedish site Citroenakuten.

michaelb wrote ...

I see quite a few new members registered tonight from Sweden and Norway. What's the sudden interest in C6s up there - are they discounting them heavily?

Welcome - we look forward to reading your posts.

Michael

michaelb   
Sun Feb 14 2010, 08:15pm
Member No: #14
JJH, welcome from me.

I was in Oslo in '06 and saw loads of Citroëns.....

David K   
Sun Feb 14 2010, 10:54pm
Member No: #42
Time for me to introduce myself as well.

My name is David, I'm from Sweden, and live part time in Germany as well. I have always loved Citroën for it's ability to be different from everyone else. It was my Uncle who made me what i am today with all his DS, CX, GS, Dyane etc. and finally introduced me to SM as well (don't get me wrong here, I'm talking about the car).

Citroën for me is a passion, at least the old cars. I lost faith in the brand around the beginning of the century, was not so impressed by the C5 and the cars in the 90s were not so attractive as well. I have also during my years tried other car brands as well, as for examples 4 Alfas, 2 BMWs, Peugeot etc, but I have always came back to Citroën but thought I would never again be interested in the new ones.

But when i saw the new C4 Coupé when it was launched I got interested again, really wanted to have one. The design was new, different and had a lot of Citroën solutions (things you never thought needed a different solution, Citroën found one).
And then came the C6. I still remember the first time I saw it i said to myself, "no matter cost, I just NEED to have one!"
Then of course cost came as a subject, finding out that price was over 50.000 € as new. So it had to take some years before I could finalize my dream, and last year it happened!

My ultimate wish from the start was to get a black Exclusive with beige leather, and I started to lok around on the Internet for it. The market in Sweden for this car is pretty small, I think it only exists around 150 cars in the country, and the prices are pretty high as well. So I decided to find one in France or Germany. It was not so easy to find one with the specs I wanted to have, and I realised that mileage and history meant more than the perfect spec.

So finally in september last year, me and my girlfriend went down to the Citroën dealer in Esslingen outside of Stuttgart and bought a black C6 2.7 HDi Exclusive -07 with black leather. The car was like new, had been owned by the owner of the dealer, and only had 21000 km on the clock. What a car! The price was not the lowest I could find, but on the other hand i think it has been treated very well and got all updates immediately etc.

Since then I have been driving the car almost 15000 km and I still love the car as much as when I bought it. The car hasn't failed in anything so far, everything works just as it should. The only down side is the high taxes for diesel cars in Sweden. I pay around 750€ a year for my car, and a petrol C6 only costs around 200€. Very unfair, but petrol-engine was no alternative for me. The engine is not as sophisticated as the HDi V6, and of course the difference in consumption is high. A plus is that my insurance was incredible low, only 250€ a year for a full insurance! Even my old ZX diesel is more expensive, and that only have a half insurance! Don't know what happened there, but I keep quit and just pretend like nothing.
The only thing I can miss a little bit is beige leather, because the interior is not as spectacular in black. But on the other hand it's by far more practical, but this car is not really bought because of practicality reasons...

I hope to share my experiences here for a long time, and it's a real pleasure to found this forum!

Best regards
David

tonyrome   
Mon Feb 15 2010, 12:55pm
Member No: #15
JJH wrote ...
Including norwegian taxes (very high) it costed about 45000 Euro. It's a 2007 2.2 HDi with 32000 km on the clock

Crickey! 45K EUR for a s/h 2.2?! That would buy you a new 3 litre HDi in the UK, with change left over!
JJH   
Mon Feb 15 2010, 08:10pm
The norwegian car-taxes are very high, a very bad situation for car-enthusiasts. In my case the taxes increased the price by more than 100%.
However, the high price make me love my car even more

tonyrome wrote ...

JJH wrote ...
Including norwegian taxes (very high) it costed about 45000 Euro. It's a 2007 2.2 HDi with 32000 km on the clock

Crickey! 45K EUR for a s/h 2.2?! That would buy you a new 3 litre HDi in the UK, with change left over!

capt109   
Mon Feb 15 2010, 10:34pm
Member No: #47
Good to see the C6 in other countries, I have only seen around 7-8 others in the UK, and very few even in France. Except when I saw 3 in the Alamo carpark at Nice airport.

Because it does not have the German brands badge, it is sadly overlooked

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club