Member No: #21
See link

- Click Here -

Regards
G
Ped   
Thu Jan 20 2011, 05:32pm
Member No: #82
Interesting, thanks. I always smirk when i see the 2.7 described as low emission though. Having just forked out £425 road tax I beg to differ. Still, if the government want £425 that's what they'll get. I'm done caring about it because we get screwed in every direction by taxes on everything so I'll keep driving the '6 until fuel runs out!

ped
C6Dave   
Thu Jan 20 2011, 06:46pm

Member No: #1
Ped wrote ...

so I'll keep driving the '6 until fuel runs out!

There are smaller so called 'fuel efficient cars' (mainly petrol) that return less mpg than a C6 HDi so I just don't listen to, or read all the comments on the radio/TV or in the press

It's a very complex argument which relies on "Lies, damn lies and statistics" to make most of the case for higher taxes which anyone with a bit of common sense can put very large holes in.....

End of the day, we have politicians who need to raise Billions to fund their wild ideas and expensive mistakes and the motorist is a very very easy target
Website
gmerry   
Thu Jan 20 2011, 07:03pm
Member No: #21
In fairness to the marketing/engineering analysis of the engine design concept, emissions actually include all the real nasties such as particulates and nitrous oxides, ie not just CO2. No-one ever got killed by the diluted CO2, but I do remember cycling around inner London in the early '90s and almost being hospitalised by the Diesel exhaust nasties (some of which are carcinogenic).

So in my book and ignoring all the political correctness re greenhouse gases etc, in my book the 2.7HDi is a very real low emissions engine. Even the MPG side is pretty good in any case. Looking back all those 70s cars with anaemic little petrol engines, their real MPG was much worse than the C6 HDi: so some real strides have been made in all fronts.

Well done all those French and Dagenham and (Bosch) engineers who put in all those hours into the R&D labs to make the multi injection event diesels a practicality.

Regards
G

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club