Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
smorphet   
Mon Jan 17 2011, 06:22pm
Member No: #88
RichardKC6 wrote ...

Rear footwell mat (black, btw, not cream

Ah, that's disappointing - I'd been hoping for cream. I'd go for the boot liner on its own, if you don't mind packing it up separately.

Steve.

Trainman   
Mon Jan 17 2011, 07:16pm

Member No: #86
RichardKC6 wrote ...
The Norev model is in Aluminium Grey with Black interior - they're insanely detailed, make the Bburago one (which is an annoying 1:20 scale anyway) look like a toy. All four doors open and the door bins work. It's boxed, but been on display so might have dust in the shutlines.

Sorry Richard, The Norev is the wrong colour for me,

RichardKC6 wrote ...
I've got a 1:18 Solido XM which I'll probably shove on eBay too, my collection of "owned cars" is all 1:43.

Try the XM Forum first with this
RichardKC6   
Tue Jan 18 2011, 09:02am
Member No: #49
Norev didn't do a Storm Grey - they did blue with cream and aluminium grey with black, then later put forward iron grey with black - though I've never seen that one actually for sale, only catalogues.

You'll get storm grey in 1:43

They'll go fine on eBay The Solido models aren't that detailed but still get daft money for what they are.
C6Dave   
Tue Jan 18 2011, 09:47am

Member No: #1
I have a Norev 1/43 scale C6 in Iron Grey sat on my desk

Haven't seen any larger ones than that in that colour though as you say.
Website
RichardKC6   
Tue Jan 18 2011, 10:08am
Yeah, they did Iron Grey in 1:43 and I will be getting one of those for my collection of 1:43 (as I currently just have the cheap Altaya in black). Given that there are duplicate cars in my history, I need about 90 models to have every one in 1:43 and I am flexible on colours - the hardest models are 4-door Chevette (could get a 1:43 Kadett, 1:43 Chevette HSR scratchbuilt, and see what I could do but I'm rubbish at modelmaking), FE Victor (just very expensive, £90 model), 3rd Gen Eldorado (ditto - but it exists). Surprisingly the Toyora Sera gullwing was easy!
Trainman   
Tue Jan 18 2011, 11:17am

I can get Storm Grey in the Bburago 1/20 scale from the USA - Click Here - Norev I haven't see one in ages nor come to think of it I don't think I've ever see a Solido for sale
RichardKC6   
Tue Jan 18 2011, 11:26am
The Norev model is vastly better than the Bburago - when I got the Norev, I gave the Bburago one away!

Here are the pictures I took when I compared the two models a while back.

- Click Here -
Trainman   
Tue Jan 18 2011, 11:37am

I've just played through the slide show, and I see what you mean, need to convince SWMBO about getting one, apparently the're just dust collectors...........
RichardKC6   
Tue Jan 18 2011, 02:15pm
I'll hold off on eBay for a bit if you think having the model outweighs it being the wrong colour
drummond   
Wed Jan 19 2011, 08:32am
Member No: #238
Richard, I bought Autoglym Lifeshine on t'internet at about £20- it's the same as the dealers use on new cars, at £400.

Unfortunately, it does not come with someone to polish it in!
RichardKC6   
Thu Jan 20 2011, 08:40am
I see those - there's a kit which I think they apply to the new car during PDI, which is £6.50-15 depending on source, plus there's also the big pack of Autogylm retail products.

I assume what you get for the £400 one is the first little box applied to the car (that's the paint, interior, glass and screenwash kit) and in the boot the nice big roll of products, which seems to cost about £50-75 (and looks much like a retail thing I've seen in Halfords - not sure if my magical trade card works for those packs though).

Did you get the little box, and was it any good? I'm thinking of buying one to apply to the new car - doesn't look as useful for older cars.
RichardKC6   
Thu Jan 20 2011, 09:59pm
So that's the bootliner and brochures gone - I have left:

Rear mudflaps (unfitted, genuine)
1:18 Norev model
Rear mat (black, genuine full width)
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club