C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Worth advertising it?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
RichardKC6   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 09:34am
Member No: #49
Considering getting a 1.4 DS3 which Pru can drive as well (I figure that as a steel sprung, small, relatively simple car the dealer interaction should be low!) and got a new settlement figure for my C6 - £13,200 rounded down. Doesn't seem horrific.

Given that this is a C6 owners' forum, is it worth advertising it properly here, with donation etc.
tonyrome   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 09:41am
Member No: #15
RichardKC6 wrote ...
got a new settlement figure for my C6 - £13,200 rounded down. Doesn't seem horrific

Er, if a two-year old car which cost £40,000 new and is now valued at £13,200 isn't horrific depreciation, what is?
Trainman   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 10:05am

Member No: #86
RichardKC6 wrote ...
Considering getting a 1.4 DS3

Worth having a look around the DS3 Owners forum? here - Click Here - however, I suspect you already have done
C6Dave   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 10:22am

Member No: #1
RichardKC6 wrote ...

Considering getting a 1.4 DS3 which Pru can drive as well (I figure that as a steel sprung, small, relatively simple car the dealer interaction should be low!) and got a new settlement figure for my C6 - £13,200 rounded down. Doesn't seem horrific.

Given that this is a C6 owners' forum, is it worth advertising it properly here, with donation etc.

Bear in mind that the DS3 is actually a C3 under the skin, but at an enhanced price and it has already had 4 recalls - Click Here - don't think you won't need any dealer interaction

£13,200 part ex actually seems good to me as well after looking around at what people have been getting privately, you may not get much more for the car I'm afraid.
Website
RichardKC6   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 10:50am
tonyrome wrote ...

RichardKC6 wrote ...
got a new settlement figure for my C6 - £13,200 rounded down. Doesn't seem horrific

Er, if a two-year old car which cost £40,000 new and is now valued at £13,200 isn't horrific depreciation, what is?

It didn't cost £40,000 - the first owner was Cit UK, so it has no "cost" per se, and the actual cost was £21K + £800 deposit + 2004 Suzuki Ignis that cost me £2K - so I figure £23-24K price to the first actual buyer (me); the car had 15 miles on the clock.

And it's 3 years old.

So for that value of "horrific", no - I don't think it is. It's lost about £10K, over 2 1/2 years use, for a French luxury car.

More to the point, I think that the settlement figure, taking into account the 2 year warranty remaining, might represent a decent deal for someone looking for a C6 - I'd even be inclined to tax it and put new tyres on the front, or knock the price down a bit, to sell it outright and then go an look at other cars on contract hire (DS3s for £199/month currently, for example - for HDi 90 "Black" model)
RichardKC6   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 10:51am
C6Dave wrote ...

£13,200 part ex actually seems good to me as well after looking around at what people have been getting privately, you may not get much more for the car I'm afraid.

Nono, it's £13,200 outstanding on the finance now. The PX value is lower, but I don't think the settlement is massively out of whack with the true value - it's not as far into negative equity as I thought
BruceB   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 12:48pm
Member No: #234
Does it keep the number-plate, or will that be transferred?

In Latin, this would be "a question expecting the answer no", but: does the car have a sunroof?
RichardKC6   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 01:21pm
The numberplate stays unless it's actively unwanted, in which case I'll shove it on retention; C6 xxx plates are currently £405, C6 BxB offers three remaining combos but there are LOADS of C6 xxx left - and no, it doesn't have a sunroof. On the plus side (I told myself), the C6 sunroof is a paltry little hole far back from the windscreen, not the glorious panoramic roof the perfect arc deserves.
gmerry   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 01:59pm
Member No: #21
I tried a DS3. Was not overly convinced by the steering feel / stability under sharp braking, motorway conditions.

By this I mean it had a tendancy to dart to left or right under sharp braking from high speeds. May have been a steering toe-in problem?

Regards
tonyrome   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 04:45pm
RichardKC6 wrote ...
It didn't cost £40,000 - the first owner was Cit UK, so it has no "cost" per se

Come on, Richard! Just because Citroen registered the car first, it doesn't mean it didn't cost anything. It's a retained value of about 30% after three years with only minimal mileage. That latter point is important because most of the luxury cars cover huge mileages, which at least offsets the depreciation somewhat. The C6 is the only car I've ever seen where low mileage doesn't even seem to have any positive impact on the price.
RichardKC6   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 05:27pm
Quick poll: Who here paid list price for their C6?

I don't care what the list figures are - if substantial numbers of C6s were ONLY sold by virtue of being pre-registered then having at least £10,000 off list price to the first customer (15 miles. Not ex-demo) then that's what a C6 cost. They'll tell you advertising in a magazine costs £1800/page, but when you're budgeting for what you spend you can almost halve that in most cases.

Still, yours is cheaper than mine if I decide to go that route - mine's £2,300 extra for 20,000 miles less, 2 years younger and 2 years warranty remaining. Seems a fairly positive difference assuming either car finds a real buyer!

Just sailed through the MOT too
drummond   
Wed Jan 12 2011, 08:18am
Member No: #238
We've got a Mazda MX 5, which cost £21000 3 years ago, 32000 miles. "Value", according to insurers, is about £8000. About 37%

One of the reasons for buying a nearly new C6 is that the depreciation is already taken into account, by Citroen. The other, is that it's a Citroen- (but don't tell everyone ,they will all want one)

I remember when the CX came out- there were actually DS's abandoned by the roadside in Lyon, they had no value.

I'm certain that the C6 is actually good "value" for a big car, providing it's bought secondhand......discuss!

pclark   
Wed Jan 12 2011, 09:15am
Member No: #3
I went into a Citroen dealer and ordered my 3.0Hdi Exclusive in my choice of paint and leather (Thorium grey & Alezan) as a factory order.

I'm not sure exactly what I paid as the deal was tied in with the trade-in of my C5. On looking at approximate values of C5's at the time of purchase I got around £2000 discount on list. The only factory option was metallic paint. I deliberately did not order the Lounge Pack (to retain the flexibility of folding rear seats and I rarely carry rear seat passengers) or sunroof (can't see the point on a car with air con, also possible future problems with leaks). I also got the dealer to fit the detachable tow bar and 13 pin socket.

I ordered the car in April 2010 and took delivery at the beginning of June. I've now done 16,000 miles on all types of road and weather conditions and enjoyed all of them.

Only three minor problems.

Early on, the front offside indicator bulb failed. The dealer had to order it in as it's on a circuit board with the daytime running light bulb (as discussed elsewhere on here).

The front, right, centre parking sensor failed and had to be replaced but I think it was struck by a flying stone on the motorway as it had damage on the surface.

When I got the car the daytime running lights did not work (the option was not on the menu). This was corrected by the dealer using Lexia. All of this was in the first couple of weeks, since then the car has been faultless.
tonyrome   
Wed Jan 12 2011, 09:59am
RichardKC6 wrote ...
Quick poll: Who here paid list price for their C6?

Pclark beat me to it but I was going to say he paid close to the list for his 3.0HDi. Ironically, cars like yours - and the majority of C6s - originally registered by Citroen, may well have gone through the books at their full retail price, to show a good profit for the company!
RichardKC6   
Wed Jan 12 2011, 10:25am
They can cook the books however they like - depreciation as a benchmark is of little relevance compared to the actual depreciation the buyer of a given item faces. Massaging the figures that way, attempting to show a greater income for a given cost of product, is why the car industry had so many issues a couple of years ago.

The 3.0 HDi is currently something of an exception (and Broadspeed were knocking out 3.0HDis for £29,000, almost £10K off list) as CitUK have made no effort to sell it - and given the small number of them, you can't yet judge depreciation on them, people may be prepared to pay more for a used 3.0HDi than 2.7HDi.

So, I'm not saying PCClark's price paid has no bearing, but we can't tell how that car will depreciate.

Yours is ex Cit-UK; was it pre-reg or demo? If pre-reg, what did you pay or how much has it lost? (Even if a demo with more miles, but I think pre-reg is close enough to "new" to be a fairer comparison).
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club