C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Directional Headlight fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
sotweedfactor   
Sat Aug 24 2019, 01:53pm
Member No: #2185
The 'ballast' unit pictured is bolted to the underside of the lamp unit. It delivers both the high-voltage to Xenon bulb (smaller of the two parts of the connection shown above) and all of the controller logic for actuating the electric motors within the headlamp unit that direct the beam and the dip-beam shutter.

Make sure you replace like-with-like part numbers on the ballast unit. The units vary depending on whether directional lighting is supported and whether LHD/RHD. Within the lamp unit there is some moderately complicated wiring.

When I had a similar problem, the issue seemed to be with failed soldering of internal wires to the main electrical connector block on the side of the unit.
joopajaa   
Tue Aug 27 2019, 06:30am
Member No: #3261
Service tells that 6224J0 whould fit left and right (in LHD car). Can this be true? Do I just code / activate it with diagbox?

Maybe I just open the box and try to see any obvious fault first.

joopajaa   
Fri Oct 11 2019, 09:31am
Member No: #3261
Does anyone know if the ballast unit (on the bottom of the front lamp) only handles the xenon bulb to glow OR does it also manage the moving reflector beam unit? My xenon is working fine.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club