Coolant level sensor

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rosb   
Tue Apr 23 2024, 08:54pm
Member No: #4784
Hi Folks
A company in Oz called Redarc produces a good quality coolant level sensor which I want to fit but unsure whether to follow a fitters recommendation to place the sensor onto the expansion tank or into the radiator as the fitting instructions say.
The first drop in level I would imagine would be the pipe at the top into the radiator rather than the expansion tank.
I have a spare tank and installed a an older Citroen level sensor and tried to find an independent unit to run through to the cabin but not much luck yet. I read that the reason Citroen discontinued the level sensor to the ECU was a capillary action that was wreaking ECUs’.
I am just about to replace the thermostat and engine inlet union but want extra peace of mind.
Interested what others think.
Cheers John
cruiserphil   
Wed Apr 24 2024, 10:24am

Member No: #38
Hello John,

Check the tutorial by member Vaho - Click Here -.

If you can get the sensor (normally second hand) this is the only way to go as it restores full functionality of the warning display. I recently retrofitted to our 3.0 HDi - Click Here -.

Best regards,

Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Wed Apr 24 2024, 10:33am

Member No: #38
Hello John,

If you search eBay for PSA 9642434480 there are plenty of sensors available.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club