Urgent advice needed from Exclusive owners re Aux input and Bluetooth

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ressla   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 08:26pm
Member No: #74
Hi all,
I'm currently in a bit of a dilemma as the PCP is nearly at the end of it's term (1 week left !) and I need to decide whether to keep the car and pay off the balloon payment or buy a new car.

My car is a Lignage and has the "audio pack" option which gives me bluetooth and hifi speakers and I also had an aux input fitted.

Now I'm looking at buying an Exclusive as a replacement car which looks great but has no bluetooth. I'm just wondering if anyone here has ( or has seen ) the parrot BT device or similar - is it any good?

Also is it easy to fit the aux box ( will get dealer to do it ), as the exclusive doesnt have a CD changer input to feed into? ( I lost my cd changer to gain the aux input)

Cheers in advance

TH
ressla   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 08:31pm
Actually scrap that last bit, I think the exclusives do have have a cd changer as standard.
Trainman   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 08:51pm

Member No: #86
The later Exclusive's do have bluetooth, although how good it actually is I don't know, Mine is an RT3 system.

As far as I'm aware the CD Changer is standard on Exclusive's
ressla   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 09:02pm
Thanks Steve,
The car i'm I'm looking at will probably be RT3 , maybe RT4 if I'm lucky. Neither of which have BT if I'm correct?

The bluetooth on my Lignage is perfect and has synced very well with the last 4 phones I've had ( inc latest iphone ).

BTW how good is the Lounge pack ? Is it worth losing the fold down rear seats for ?

Regards
David Hallworth   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 09:59pm

Member No: #90
I'm selling my Exclusive at the moment for £11,500.

It doesn't have the bluetooth on it but does have the later RT4 system with all the JBL setup. It's got the Aux input in the glovebox.

The RT4 systems I believe lost the CD changer and came with a 30GB Hard Disc in the dashboard to copy your CD's onto.

Mine also has the lounge pack. Everybody who I've had in the back of my car has commented on how they think the Lounge Pack is Excellent. I can't comment as I've never used it personally!

David.
ressla   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 10:24pm
Hi Dave, will have a look at your car. I'd preferably go for a car that was still in warranty but I'll keep an open mind and yours is priced well too.

Cheers
TH
pclark   
Tue Nov 23 2010, 09:00am
Member No: #3
The bluetooth on RT5 works very well, though of course it depends how good a signal your mobile 'phone has. A 'phone inside the car, especially in a pocket is not going to get as good a signal as a built-in 'phone with an external antenna.
Trainman   
Tue Nov 23 2010, 09:16am

Member No: #86
ressla wrote ...
BTW how good is the Lounge pack ? Is it worth losing the fold down rear seats for ?

TH,
If you want to meet up and have a look, give me a shout, There have beena couple of times when I could of done with more space, but to be honest, It's very rare.
RichardKC6   
Tue Nov 23 2010, 11:23am
Member No: #49
Mine's also for sale, but it'll be more than Dave's for the same age (it's whatever the settlement figure on the Elect3 is; probably just under £14K now), rough mileage (24-26Kish) and equipment. However, it's got two years Citroën warranty remaining (Expires Dec 31st 2012). Only difference between mine and Dave's is mine's got cream leather rather than black. Mine might be a later reg too, though I'd be interested to know how close the build dates were.

Anyway:

'08 should have RT4 - 30GB HD, navigation on HD. Aux input is in the form of composite video inputs in the glovebox with audio as well - perfectly good for hooking up most sources. SIM card phone, no bluetooth. You can add a CD changer to an RT4 as well; you can also add a USB port for playing music directly from USB sticks, uploading maps and so forth.

Lounge pack is nice for passengers, but I've certainly missed having folding seats as unlike my previous cars, I won't put anything on the back seat - no synths or anything get to go there (whereas my RX8 I would load up to the roof with kit sometimes).

Exclusive may have better residuals, but there's not much in it. Having said that I wouldn't have a Lignage when I got mine - as far as I was concerned the car only made sense as a top of the range model. I use the memory seats/wjeel as I have different driving positions for town (perched and upright) and motorway (more relaxed).
David Hallworth   
Tue Nov 23 2010, 12:58pm

Member No: #90
There's been a couple of times when I've been grateful for the simcard being in the dashboard.

My big sister got married in the lake district where there wasn't a phone signal on my iPhone. Luckily the C6's phone had a signal and meant I was able to make a couple of urgent calls I'd forgotten about!

David.
RichardKC6   
Tue Nov 23 2010, 01:14pm
I use my phone regularly - long business calls when stuck in traffic on the M1, or late at night heading back from London on a deserted M40. Much better than a bluetooth headset, but I'm not convinced I prefer the SIM to a bluetooth connection to my proper phone - if my phone had somewhere to dock and be charged at least.
ressla   
Tue Nov 23 2010, 01:51pm
RichardKC6 wrote ...

Exclusive may have better residuals, but there's not much in it. Having said that I wouldn't have a Lignage when I got mine - as far as I was concerned the car only made sense as a top of the range model. I use the memory seats/wjeel as I have different driving positions for town (perched and upright) and motorway (more relaxed).

I was lucky in that mine had the full leather option , which gives all the memory functions for the seats ( not for the wheel though I think - NEVER CHECKED IT!) and heated seats front and back.

Thats why I've generally been happy with this car - I've got all my major needs sorted.
ressla   
Tue Nov 23 2010, 01:53pm
RichardKC6 wrote ...

'08 should have RT4 - 30GB HD, navigation on HD. Aux input is in the form of composite video inputs in the glovebox with audio as well - perfectly good for hooking up most sources. SIM card phone, no bluetooth. You can add a CD changer to an RT4 as well; you can also add a USB port for playing music directly from USB sticks, uploading maps and so forth.

Thanks for info on USB ports
ressla   
Tue Nov 23 2010, 01:55pm
Trainman wrote ...

ressla wrote ...

TH,
If you want to meet up and have a look, give me a shout, There have beena couple of times when I could of done with more space, but to be honest, It's very rare.

May well take you up on the offer Trainman, but have only got till saturday to make a decision ! Will message you if I know i can sort some time out . Cheers

TH
RichardKC6   
Wed Nov 24 2010, 04:09pm
If looking at RT4, check the firmware by holding down Menu and looking in the diagnosis menu:

RT5s should be Firmware 8.xx as well, but RT3 units are Firmware 6.xx (CANbus, VANbus models are 5.xx).

Whoops, this was intended as an edit rather than a quote. Fixed.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club