C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Lounge pack - compatible infant seats?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
GeordieInExile   
Sat Mar 09 2024, 11:15am
Member No: #5348
With a baby on the way, I've been trying to sell the C6. It hasn't sold, and the prospect of it having a working handbrake and getting the suspension creak dealt with means I'm likely to just keep it and use it.

However - it's got the Lounge Pack and while there is a Citroën recommended seat, that one is only suitable for 9 months on. I'm going to need a seat that's suitable from birth. Has anyone got any recommendations...? (Either Isofix or seatbelt secured.)
onthecut   
Sat Mar 09 2024, 04:29pm
Member No: #2793
I have no idea on brands, but from a limited experience with grandkids' seats I can tell you, you need to try before you buy. I found two things. There is no guide slide to the Isofix mounting and on each of the two different makes of seat I was lumbered with it took considerable physical force to get them satisfactorily engaged. One was slightly easier than the other however. If the seat base is staying in permanently, this may not matter, but if the whole lot gets swapped from car to car it would become a real pain.
On a general note, not having dealt with the things before, I thought the design and usability of the poorer seat was shocking. It has the facility to rotate the actual seat tub on its base for child extraction --- if you have three hands.
Perhaps most stupid of all, the straps buckle is quite readily undone -- by the occupant. Once you get to be an inquisitive one and a bit year old, what are buttons for, if not for pressing ?

Mike.

PS. Congratulations !
jamescarruthers   
Sat Mar 09 2024, 08:12pm
Member No: #1548
When my son was a newborn, I have used a Maxi Cosi base in each car, including the C6 and my older car which doesn't have ISOFIX. Then, slotted in to the above, we had a Mai Cosi Cabriofix seat which went between the car's as he was small and didn't weigh much. When is your baby due. You can have one of his old bases if you like?

He is now nearly 2, he is too tall and heavy for the above arrangement and a swiveling seat is a must. . He has a Joi 360 in the C6, and some sort of swiveling Maxi Cosi in my wife's car. The Maxi Cosi is easier to operate but he is comfortable in both it seems.

The C6 was the family car for the first 9 months of his life. It performed well but the boot is stupidly shallow and will do your head in.
jamescarruthers   
Sat Mar 09 2024, 08:15pm
Member No: #1548
Also, the seat in the manual will be outdated-- ignore that!

To access the ISOFIX mounts easier, you can recline the lounge seats but I haven't found it too difficult to get either seat in.
Jas16   
Sun Mar 10 2024, 06:34pm
Member No: #2994
Mine doesn't have the lounge pack but assumed isofix mounts would be present anyway
Biggles1957   
Tue Mar 12 2024, 12:23pm
Member No: #3337
I would strongly advise getting one that swivels - it's so much easier to get the child in and out. With the loungepack seats it's much easier to recline the seat fully, then install the Isofix (you can easily guide the fixings into place then) then raise the seat fully.
Trainman   
Thu Mar 14 2024, 01:46pm

Member No: #86
Iso fix is present on both Lounge pack and NON-Lounge pack, I've had both

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club