Good news for 3.0HDi owners - Low Coolant Warning Solved

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
cruiserphil   
Mon Feb 19 2024, 03:52pm

Member No: #38
Lads,

Several years ago I got the required parts to reinstall the low coolant warning on our 2007 2.7 HDi and 2009 3.0HDi using member Vaho's excellent tutorial. I installed successfully on the 2.7HDi, as per the tutorial, enabling the low coolant warning on the BSI using Diagbox. When I had a look at the BSI menu on the 3.0HDi, there was no low coolant level option present in the alarms menu. I hesitated and in discussion on the forum it was felt that the warning had been deleted from the BSI on later cars. So I assumed it was not possible. However, member tich731 recently posted that he had installed the low coolant warning on his 2009 2.2HDi and it works. He could not locate any reference to low coolant level in the BSI menu with Lexia/Diagbox. Thanks to tich731's courage and outcome I decided to go ahead and install on the 3.0HDi. One item I did confirm with tich731 was that his engine fuseboard, PSF1, was the same as our car. Later cars (I don't know the change date 2008 maybe?) have the same PSF1 as the C5 X7 although Citroen C6 schematics don't show this. I discovered this previously in discussion with another member. The fuse allocation on this board is different to the earlier cars.

The only difference in installing the modification on our 3.0 HDi is that there is already a pin 4 on the grey plug 28V GR. This is a 12V supply to the water in diesel sensor fed from fuse F6. So I just spliced into the wire coming from the plug. No Diagbox intervention, the photos below tell it all! I have to say it's a massive relief having this facility now. Thanks again to Vaho and tich731. - Click Here - to see the history prior to this.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hattershaun   
Mon Feb 19 2024, 10:41pm
Member No: #320
This is good news Phil. Thanks for researching & posting.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club