Coolant system issues

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Korrmotive   
Mon Feb 19 2024, 03:31pm
Member No: #5472
Greetings everyone!

I just joined the forum, good to be here! A couple of months ago I picked up an '07 C6 in Ganache with the 2.7 HDI, pretty high mileage (224k km, approx 140k mi), it has a full service history and everything, but I have been having issues with the cooling system.

Generally it was fine, but last week, one of the what I'm assuming is fittings gave out. I cannot find the name of the part, or indeed the part itself, absolutely anywhere.

I found the diagram of the 2.7 HDI's cooling system and I circled the problematic part in question. If any of you could give me the name of the part, or indeed, if you know someone who's selling the part, that would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

onthecut   
Mon Feb 19 2024, 05:55pm
Member No: #2793
The original part number appears to be 1351 KV and it is described as 'Radiator Inlet Hose, left.

As you have probably read, there are a couple of areas on the C6 where failing plastic can lead to trouble --- the thermostat housing and, on mine, the engine block water intake housing / ppipe stub on the front of the block. If you have the time, it's probably worth a look at these pieces as a sudden failure could cause significant damage.

Mike.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club