C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Location of interior cabin temperature sensors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Ranger12   
Mon Jan 29 2024, 03:13pm
Member No: #4492
Hi there, my C6 2.2 HDI Manual has a passenger temperature sensor fault on Diagbox, does anyone know where these are located, and how to get to them? I have looked all over the internet and can find nothing.

Also, is it possible that these temperature sensors need calibrating/setting-up using Diagbox/Lexia?

Any help is appreciated.
MGmike   
Mon Jan 29 2024, 06:37pm
Member No: #3151
what's the code?

I think the sensor you you mention will be inside the AC unit as the only sensor in the cabin area is not specific to anyone side.
Ranger12   
Mon Jan 29 2024, 09:02pm
Thanks for the quick response.

I'll hook up the diagbox again tomorrow for the code and post it here.

If the sensor you have in mind is the one that helps to determine what temperature is displayed (and set) for the passenger's temperature setting, then it must be that one (it senses humidity as well I think).

Does the AC unit need dismantling, or is it a plug-in type sensor? (The units I have come across for sale on the net are squarish plastic, with a multi-connector housing built in, suggesting no need for depressurization (?)).

I'll be back tomorrow with the exact code and wording.

Thank you.
MGmike   
Mon Jan 29 2024, 11:23pm
Ranger12 wrote ...

If the sensor you have in mind is the one that helps to determine what temperature is displayed (and set) for the passenger's temperature setting, then it must be that one (it senses humidity as well I think).

Does the AC unit need dismantling, or is it a plug-in type sensor? (The units I have come across for sale on the net are squarish plastic, with a multi-connector housing built in, suggesting no need for depressurization (?)).

I think this - Click Here - might be the sensor but double check against your VIN before ordering.

It looks like plug and play without a need to depressurise the AC circuit. It's most likely located on the side of the heater box and accessed from the footwell (hopefully without the need to remove the glovebox!).

This one is temperature only. The one for cabin humidity is mounted behind the dash just above and to the right of the glovebox where the little grill slots are.
Ranger12   
Tue Jan 30 2024, 05:05pm
Hi MGmike, and sorry, I won't be posting the code today as my C6 sprung a leak on its year old water-pump, which is now needing to be investigated. Horrible feeling the head gasket may have gone, as I can still drive it within temperature range as long as the expansion cap is loose. So off to my favourite Garage for that to be sorted, then I'll come back to this issue (though I am informed that getting the passenger temp sensor can be very difficult these days).
MGmike   
Tue Jan 30 2024, 06:23pm
No worries.
Keep us posted on the water leak and when you're ready to return to the heater, get in touch and I'll sell you a sensor from my spares car.

Ranger12   
Tue Jan 30 2024, 06:55pm
That's very thoughtful and kind, thank you. Car's going in on Thursday am, could be a day or a week depending on what's actually found to be wrong. I'll still hook up the diagbox tomorrow to get the code and post it and the exact description it gives.

Thank you again, if it is indeed that sensor, I will take you up on your offer.
onthecut   
Wed Jan 31 2024, 10:04am
Member No: #2793
Just a general tip regarding sensors and the like. If it's something Citroen say is NLS, always have a good look on the casing of the item for any maufacturer's number. If you then search for that, you may find it's available if commonly fitted to other makes.
Just recently, found our C5 3.0 shares a blower resistor with a Merc.

Mike.
Ranger12   
Wed Jan 31 2024, 05:11pm
Thanks for that useful info Mike,

I have connected my diagbox today and .... I'm a muppet, The code is F702 "Passenger Compartment humidity sensor fault". That was after I had a look and grope on the side of the aircon in the passenger footwell, and found what I think is the temperature sensor (it has the round disc part and moves a bit), which after giving it a bit of a twist-n-grope, resulted in the passenger side getting hot air. I'm thinking it may have dodgy connections/wiring.

I am sure I had seen "Passenger Compartment Temperature Sensor Fault" previously when repairing the driver's side air-mixer unit a few months ago, but couldn't find record of it today, so now wishing I'd connected the Diagbox before having a grope for where the sensor was.

That said, when the car is back from having its water-pump replaced (or core plug) I'll take the temperature sensor out, clean it and check the connections for continuity.

I have a 2007 2.7 V6 HDI (Snapped crank), so I'm wondering if the sensors from that will work in the 2007 2.2 HDI? I've decided to start stripping the V6 for compatible parts/sale anyway (also interested to see if the rear auto-deflector can be fitted to the 2.2, but that's for a later date).

I'm taking my 2.2 to B.L.Autos in the morning, so hopefully will know where the coolant leak is coming from by lunchtime, all I know presently is that it's dripping from behind the cambelt cover. Got a 5am start and 107 very careful miles (with plenty of water to top up with), wish me luck
MGmike   
Wed Jan 31 2024, 06:37pm
If you prefer to put an new engine in the 2.7 I have one spare

The sensors in the cabin and the AC/heater unit will be the same across the range.

If you are breaking the 2.7, I know some one who is looking for front struts and I might be interested in the front door glass
cruiserphil   
Thu Feb 01 2024, 09:26am

Member No: #38
Hello Ranger12,

The humidity sensor is handy. It's behind the little grille in the dash to the left of the radio. You remove the radio head and you can access it easily with your hand. You twist it and then withdraw out the radio aperture. They seem to give up as I know I have changed them in two different cars.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Ranger12   
Mon Feb 05 2024, 10:38am
Hi there, sorry for the delay in getting back to you all, I had to put my networking head on to redisgn my network after switching from Starlink to Fibre.

MGMike I am interested in your 2.7 engine, but not currently as my finances and priorities are to sort my 2.2, my Kawasaki, my caravan, my Xantia, & install 2 sheds. If it still available in around 2-3 months, I will enquire again.

Thank you confirming the sensors are the same, that makes things much easier, my 2.7 had a perfectly working Air-con and climate control before the engine snapped its crank.

Regarding the front struts, they are pretty new (around 10k driven) having been the first thing I replaced (as both were leaking) when I bought it. I am loathe to fully strip in case I buy your engine (if available a bit later on in the year). If I go the full scrap route, I will let you know. Currently I'm scavenging smaller parts that I can replace at not too great a cost.

I am most likely to go the scrap route, as there is money just sat there (and costing me storage fees), which would go well to restoring the 2.2 HDI (I wish I could have taken the Body of the 2.7 and swapped it with the body of the 2.2, as it is in much better condition). That said, I also need to remove the pedestrian protection system and install that to the 2.2 (which I only found out later that this car was in a smash).

Thank you Cruiserphil for your help in locating that sensor, and how to get at it.

I am doing the water-pump on my 2.2 this week, then will get back to the sensor issue after I have reverse-flushed the heater matrix (just to be sure it's not that).
MGmike   
Sun Feb 11 2024, 05:20pm
citroenroen wrote ...

Hello,
I am trying to post a NEW question ( my ABS light is on After a long transport ride) but have had no luck.

I cannot find anyway to SEND my question .

I have reached out to CONTACT which gives me a NOREPLY email.
Please direct me, if possible to somewhere to explain to me how to use this site?
Or can you help?

Thank you in advance

I've sent you a personal message with some instructions.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club