Replacing a Rear Door Lock

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
markp   
Sun Jan 28 2024, 06:09pm
Member No: #1746
Hi All,

Just thought that I would document a problem and fix that I had with my right hand rear door.

After the fault being momentary for a while, it eventually become a permanent fault. The car did not know that the right rear door was shut and therefore the car wouldn't lock and the right rear window would not close fully once the door was shut.

I figured that the door closed sensor was in the lock mechanism itself, so I bought a replacement right rear door lock that actually came with both cables (and even both interior and exterior handles - less important).

I used this resource on stripping the rear door:
- Click Here -

But it doesn't cover everything 100%.

For example, page 7 "slacken bolt h" means gently unscrew the torx screw h anti-clockwise until it stops. Also note, whilst the black plastic part hidden by bezel '37' is present, you cannot over-unscrew this bolt. Do not screw in this bolt without that plastic part inserted correctly, otherwise you will lose and important aluminium part inside the door that cannot be rescued with a magnet.

I cover more info in these two videos:
- Click Here -
- Click Here -

I hope that this helps.
Cheers,
Mark
cruiserphil   
Tue Jan 30 2024, 11:35am

Member No: #38
Hello Mark,

Many thanks for posting this and going to the trouble of making the videos. Much appreciated,

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club