C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Help

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
superbees   
Sat Oct 14 2023, 08:44pm
Member No: #5360
Hi all back again with more fault codes drive fine for first 5 miles then goes into limp mode no engine light on max speed 45mph, so I'm thinking need glow plugs turbo and egr ? But could be wrong ?from the fault codes in my pics can I tell which turbo is faulty and what egr valve as I believe there is 2 of each any part numbers for front and rear turbos and egr or can i get away with changing electronics on turbo novice to these cars please advise.

onthecut   
Tue Oct 17 2023, 11:23am
Member No: #2793
If possible, do a reading with Diagbox or a more professional level unit. I have found that generic code readers can be significantly wide of the mark; sometimes useful, but sometimes giving references that just aren't right for the make they are being used on. (Just look online at the variations for your P1531 code, for example).
Given the awkwardness of access (and cost) of some of the components, a good diagnostic at the outset really is money well spent.

Mike.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club