C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Mystery liquid leak

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
eifion   
Sat Oct 07 2023, 03:56pm
Member No: #2113
My 2.2 manual has been fine since I bought it five weeks ago but today it decided to do something odd. After a fifty-odd mile drive out we parked it in a Tesco car park and saw the thing that every hydraulic Citroen owner dreads: a dark line following behind the car. Immediate thoughts turned to a hyraulic pipe failure but it wasn't LHS. As it was cold it didn't seem to have come from the coolant system and the level in the tank was still OK, but a fair amount was dripping from underneath the car.

We drove home carefully keeping an eye out for warning lights but it seemed to be fine. The only thing I think it could be is water not draining properly from the windscreen after I washed it, but it was a good couple of hours since I'd done that so I'm still baffled as to what it could be. Has anyone else here experience something similar?

adamw57   
Sat Oct 07 2023, 04:04pm
Member No: #5259
Maybe a daft question but could it be condensation for the air conditioning?
eifion   
Sat Oct 07 2023, 06:19pm
Member No: #2113
Thanks, that's what someone else has suggested and it could well be what it is. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.
cruiserphil   
Mon Oct 09 2023, 08:54am

Member No: #38
Hello eifion,

As per adamw57, it could be the moisture run off from the air conditioning evaporator, particularly in this humid weather. If the car stands for any time with the air conditioning running and you move it you will see a definite trail of water on the ground.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club