Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

oil reccomendations please

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
superbees   
Thu Aug 31 2023, 10:14pm
hi have a 2.7hdi need to change oil 1st time ive changed after reading this forum bit confused on oil grade ect as online says 5w30 read elsewhere 5w40 and even 10w 40 so wondering what best grade for my car it has done nearly 130k i would appreciate any recommendations.
I did see this oil on sale in my local halfords but there computer said not compatible for my c6 please advise
- Click Here -
pgrant5   
Fri Sep 01 2023, 09:32am
Member No: #3774
Hi,

Have been using Morris Lubricants for over 40 years with good results :-

Recommendation
1st Choice Multivis ADT C3 5W-30 - Part No. CTH
Technical Data
Buy Online
More Info
Multivis ADT C3 5W-30 is a mid-SAPS synthetic technology engine oil formulated to meet the demands and fuel efficiency expectations of the latest petrol and diesel engines, where a low viscosity oil is required. Multivis ADT C3 5W-30 has been developed for use in vehicles using after treatment devices, including diesel particulate filters (DPFs) and enhanced oil flow and film strength give essential protection during start-up. Advanced additive technology provides long-term benefits including reduced wear on critical valve-train components in multi-valve engines, including camshafts and hydraulic cam-followers.
Multivis ADT C3 5W-30 - Part No. CTH
Click to Enlarge

2nd Choice Multivis ADT C2 5W-30
Technical Data
Buy Online
More Info
Multivis ADT C2 5W-30 is a mid-SAPS synthetic based multigrade engine oil formulated to meet the superior performance and fuel efficiency requirements of engines requiring low viscosity oils for gasoline and diesel engine applications. Multilife C-TWO 5W-30 has been developed for use in Euro IV, V and VI compliant vehicles with diesel particulate filters (DPFs) and other after-treatment devices.
Multivis ADT C2 5W-30
Click to Enlarge

Kind Regards

Peter

Cedrik_Black   
Sat Sep 02 2023, 07:14am
Member No: #5053
Hello,

I would suggest you to use at least 5w40, in my 2.7 use 5w50 (Rowe). Using 5w30 in many cases is asking for trouble. The most important thing is to change the oil after no more than 10kkm.
Tjensen   
Sun Sep 03 2023, 12:54pm
Member No: #954
Many opinions on this topic. I am not brave enough to use other than PSA recommendation. That is 5-30 C2 (PSA: B71 2290, check that it is certified). For very early cars (2005) a different 5-40 oil was recommended, but that was before the C2 5-30 became available. NB: The new 0-30 recommendation from PSA (B71 2312) is warned against for the 2,7 and 3.0 engines before 2011 (new and better oil pump from 2011). Many wise people recommend a somewhat thicker oil (5-40, even 5-50) Maybe better for an old engine and the bearings, but not for EGRs and turbosystem (?). My favourite: Mobil 1 (C2/3 5-30) is no longer PSA certified.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club