Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: 3.0 HDi Forum

Jaguar XF 3.0 into a C6. Anyone done it ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Fri Aug 25 2023, 04:28pm
Member No: #2793
Title says it all, really.

Is it a viable swap from a Jag to a C6 ? I appreciate, obviously the inevitable differences in terms of mountings and so forth --- more curious about the odds of getting the electrics to talk to each other and so on.

Don't mind getting laughed at if it's 100% stupid, but if someone has done it, love to know.

Mike.
Hattershaun   
Sat Aug 26 2023, 09:41am
Member No: #320
Are you thinking of swapping the whole Jag engine/gearbox/ancillaries? Jag is rear wheel drive, engine mounted longitudinally rather than transverse in C6. Jags used both 6 speed & 8 speed gearboxes depending on age. Quite difficult therefore.
I know on the 2.7 Jag engine the bell housing is different to a C6, due to different starter motor location, meaning engines aren’t interchangeable. This could be the same for a 3.0d.
If you use all the Citroen items that are electronically controlled (injectors, turbos, sensors) the basic engine should work.
Citroen made many changes to C6 when the 3.0HDi was introduced(injection system for example), so I don’t even know if a PSA 3.0HDi could easily be installed in a C6 2.7.
onthecut   
Mon Aug 28 2023, 09:23am
Member No: #2793
Hi Shaun.

Thanks for your thoughts. No -- wouldn't remotely be thinking of swapping it whole; it's really just a question of whether the core unit is a fit and then the dreaded electrics.
I seem to recall from XM days, the 2.5 was broadly the same engine they used in the vans, but was unswappable due to significant casting differences and I wonder if this is similar.

Mike.
Hattershaun   
Tue Aug 29 2023, 09:39am
Member No: #320
onthecut wrote ...

Hi Shaun.

Thanks for your thoughts. No -- wouldn't remotely be thinking of swapping it whole; it's really just a question of whether the core unit is a fit and then the dreaded electrics.
I seem to recall from XM days, the 2.5 was broadly the same engine they used in the vans, but was unswappable due to significant casting differences and I wonder if this is similar.

Mike.

Do you have a 2.7 C6 currently, into which you'd like to put a 3.0d.
I'll ask my mechanic, who's done plenty of C6 engine swaps, including a 3.0i petrol into a 2.7d, about the viability of putting a 3.0d into a 2.7. Getting the electronics working on the petrol conversion was interesting/difficult.
Presumably you're considering a JLR unit as they are far more common & available.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club