Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Replacing RT3 RT4 RT5 with Android unit from 407?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
joopajaa   
Wed Aug 23 2023, 07:20am
Member No: #3261
Will this work? - Click Here -

They come with control panel replacing RT completely (I found 3 different looking panel-options). Nice concept. Display correct size for C6? They are available with black face color.

What I have learned from sellers/youtube:
- plug and play fit
- steering wheel/stalk control should work
- control AC and car parameters should work

Dont know if any problems with cars with OEM-amplifier (almost all C6?) - the solution is to lower the speaker output to line-level-output by setting on main unit. Edit: on youtube-video there is setting for AMP on/off.

One example in grey:

Youtube:
Tjensen   
Thu Aug 24 2023, 01:52pm
Member No: #954
I tried to order one through local dealer, and they said it could not be used in C6. The information in the link is telling us that "JBL" sound system and "automatic lights" are not compatible. But it would be nice to have a modern replacement.....
joopajaa   
Thu Aug 24 2023, 02:57pm
Member No: #3261
Maybe many versions on market? On that video you see amp onf/off setting. Other option maybe just 7" device and replace only display. But in C6 we need good looking headunit like RTx on lower part anyway. Maybe buy 7" (more recent model with android 12+ and canbus + control panel different brand. I think all come from same source and will be good or bad luck with this chinese junk. But RT4 quality not so good too so its italian junk
Jas16   
Tue Dec 12 2023, 09:20pm
Member No: #2994
I brought a wireless android auto, standalone screen, with rear view camera. works like a dream, albeit looks clumsy and does interfere with the design. But suits me perfectly.

makes me regret changing the RT3 to RT4 system now
rwb   
Wed Apr 24 2024, 09:43am
Member No: #1988
The same idea occurred to me.

Saying it's not compatible is probably just trying to cover themselves -- a lot of the C6 is identical to the 407; the obvious difference is the suspension so I'd expect to lose the suspension up/down graphics. Otherwise, I can't see why it wouldn't work.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club