C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Front doors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Biggles1957   
Fri Jul 14 2023, 02:55pm
Member No: #3337
A couple of weeks ago, my car decided it wouldn't switch the child locks off! The windows and seats still worked but the rear doors wouldn't unlock. As if by magic, when I arrived at the garage for them to have a look at it, they worked perfectly and have done so since. However - today we went shopping and all was fine, then when we arrived back home we couldn't open the front doors from the inside! Exactly like the rear door issue, they both stopped working at the same time! I've tried locking and unlocking, both with the remote and the dash button several times and whatever the problem is won't reset itself. The doors open fine from the outside, and lock and unlock with the remote - but they won't open from the inside!

I'm in Leicestershire and don't know if anyone with a Lexia/Digibox is nearby to plug me in and have a look!

Any thoughts are very welcome - it's a bit of a pain having to wind the windows down to undo the doors!
onthecut   
Sat Jul 15 2023, 08:26am
Member No: #2793
Might be an idea to remove the inner trims and have a look at the state of what I imagine will be the umpteen electrical connector blocks within. Given the age of the cars, I imagine the doors ship a reasonable bit of water, so damp / corrosion of contact pins is a distinct possibilty.

Mike.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club