C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

loud bang followed by Depollution system faulty

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
StirlingC6   
Sat Jul 01 2023, 12:04am
Member No: #5131
Picked the 2007 model year 2.7 HDI up today after an oil change, A/C recharge and replacement of one of the A/C system pipes. All seemed fine for the first 7 or 8 kms.

While going up a hill there was a loud bang under the car, followed by a partial loss of power, and the message "Depollution system faulty".

I was able to get the car home with sometimes full, sometimes partial power.

Any ideas regarding this strange occurance?
MGmike   
Sat Jul 01 2023, 07:05am
Member No: #3151
It will need to go back to the garage for a code read but lets hope it's something simple like the air intake pipe not fitted correctly and coming off the inlet manifold!
onthecut   
Sat Jul 01 2023, 07:46am
Member No: #2793
As MGMike says, inlet manifold pipe is definitely worth a look. It's also a really easy one to check -- at the top end, anyway.

The attachment part is the first piece of plastic you see if you look at the engine directly across from the expansion bottle. It has a big wire spring clip on the engine side and the air supply hose on the bottom, secured by a Jubilee clip, just by the chassis rail.

On mine, it required a significantly firm, square push to get the spring clip to properly seat on the manifold spigot. If it's not -- it blows off. (You don't need to ask how I know. )

Mike.
StirlingC6   
Thu Jul 06 2023, 12:50am
Member No: #5131
Turned out it was the line to the intercooler. When they replaced the A/C pipe apparently they didn't tighten that one back up.

cruiserphil   
Thu Jul 06 2023, 09:29am

Member No: #38
Hello StirlingC6,

Thanks for the update!

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club