Big trouble in little engine

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
thegmin   
Thu Jun 22 2023, 07:10am
Member No: #4756
Hi guys,
I am the owner of an old 2006 Citroen C6 2.2 HDI with manual gearbox. There was a coolant leak and I found out a core plug on the engine was leaking. Long story short, while trying to get it out it fell inside. What are my options? I cant take it out from where it fell. Can I reach trough the water pump? What will happen if I cant reach it and just leave it?
Here I attach a photo. I feel so stupid. Such trouble from this small thing.

MGmike   
Thu Jun 22 2023, 06:05pm
Member No: #3151
I don't know if you'll reach it from the water pump but I do know you can't just leave it in there. It will move around in the water and could block one of the waterways.

I'd start with the pump and see if you can reach it. If not, flush some water through and hope it flows out of the pump hole. After that it's a full strip down to blast it out from the top.

Good luck.
onthecut   
Fri Jun 23 2023, 09:01am
Member No: #2793
Rotten luck : I know the feeling !

If the plug is non-stainless steel, are you able to have a jiggle around in the orifice with a magnet and perhaps get the plug back toward the aperture ? If so and there's enough room for a screwdriver / long nose pliers, you may yet be able to extract it.

Mike.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club