C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Xenon Heaadlamp

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Davet49   
Thu Mar 30 2023, 11:55am
Member No: #3695
One of my headlamps has stopped working; blinking light on the dashboard and no light from the headlamp. I have looked at a lot of posts on the website and decided to try and change the bulb myself. However, what I have found is that the cover at the back of the headlamp was not in place and just resting below the headlamp unit. Is it possible that this has caused the unit to become wet and if I let it dry out, it might work again. Or should I go ahead and replace the bulb? What about the ballast?
onthecut   
Sat Apr 01 2023, 03:30pm
Member No: #2793
I'd replace the cover (assuming it looks dry inside) and give it a week or two. A couple of times over the last few years mine has displayed this symptom, but has then cleared up and come back to life by itself. If you do change it, don't forget there are some high voltages involved in the system.

Mike.
Davet49   
Sat Apr 01 2023, 07:29pm
Member No: #3695
Thanks Mike. I will do as you say. It does look dry inside in so far as I can see. If I do need to replace it I will probably get Halfords to do the job as they only charge £9 per bulb which given the difficulties of accessing the bulb and the issues re the voltage seems like a very reasonable price!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club