C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

ULEZ

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
c6c6c6   
Thu Dec 08 2022, 03:03pm
Member No: #2155
I live in London so have been considering my options with the low-emissions zone expanding in 2023.

Apparently many cars built before Euro6 came in are in fact compliant with the Euro6 emmission limits for NOx and PM, and if you can get a 'certificate of compliance' from the manufacturer, stating the emissions levels, you can submit it to Transport for London and get an exemption from the £12.50 per day charge.

Unfortunately, it looks like this won't work for a C6 2.7 HDI because it emits .206 g/km NOx and Euro 6 specifies a maximum of 0.08g/km (!)

But here is my research, in case it's of use to any other owners:

ULEZ requires Diesel cards to pass: Euro 6 (NOx and PM)

icct.org summary of Euro 6 light duty: NOx limit: 0.08 g/km; PM (particle mass?) limit: 0.005 g/km. This is using New European Driving Cycle (NEDC).

Can order certificate of compliance from PSA costing 220eur. Though seems to be aimed at people registering the car in a new dominion, rather than emissions...

C6 2.7 HDi V6 Exclusive emissions apparently: EURO4 CO2: 230 g/km HC+NOx 0.251 g/km CO: particles 0.004 NOx: 0.206 g/km, so it's above the 0.08 g/km by some margin (well, 2.5x). C6 is even above the Euro4 limit of 0.18g/km NOx. However, it is under the limit for PM

Hattershaun   
Thu Dec 08 2022, 06:04pm
Member No: #320
c6c6c6 wrote ...

I live in London so have been considering my options with the low-emissions zone expanding in 2023.

Apparently many cars built before Euro6 came in are in fact compliant with the Euro6 emmission limits for NOx and PM, and if you can get a 'certificate of compliance' from the manufacturer, stating the emissions levels, you can submit it to Transport for London and get an exemption from the £12.50 per day charge.

Unfortunately, it looks like this won't work for a C6 2.7 HDI because it emits .206 g/km NOx and Euro 6 specifies a maximum of 0.08g/km (!)

But here is my research, in case it's of use to any other owners:

ULEZ requires Diesel cards to pass: Euro 6 (NOx and PM)

icct.org summary of Euro 6 light duty: NOx limit: 0.08 g/km; PM (particle mass?) limit: 0.005 g/km. This is using New European Driving Cycle (NEDC).

Can order certificate of compliance from PSA costing 220eur. Though seems to be aimed at people registering the car in a new dominion, rather than emissions...

C6 2.7 HDi V6 Exclusive emissions apparently: EURO4 CO2: 230 g/km HC+NOx 0.251 g/km CO: particles 0.004 NOx: 0.206 g/km, so it's above the 0.08 g/km by some margin (well, 2.5x). C6 is even above the Euro4 limit of 0.18g/km NOx. However, it is under the limit for PM

Interesting research, well done & thank you for sharing with us.
A petrol C6 (Euro 4) meets the ULEZ requirements, there are however, less than 30 in the U.K.
I wonder what the actual NoX output is on my 3.0HDi, which is Euro 5.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club