Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

What to look out for when purchasing one?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Aeth   
Tue May 24 2022, 07:56am
Member No: #4760
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately my last year’s C6 purchase didn’t go quite as planned; the owner changed his mind a week before I was about to come pick it up, after we’ve already agreed on everything and I spent cca. 22 hours on the train there and back, arranged a bank loan, rented a garage for it, etc. As this has been my dream car since first seeing the Lignage concept as a child, I was properly heartbroken, but have now managed to find another one which has the specs I like — a 2012 Exclusive with relatively low mileage, seemigly well maintained and with all the service records.

I am going to see it this weekend and was wondering if you would be so kind and give me some pointers on what I should look (or listen) out for. If there are any comprehensive previous posts that already cover this topic, please let me know.

Also, please bear in mind that while I’ve been driving for cca. 15 years (mostly my family's XM, C5 and C4 coupé), I’ve never actually owned a car before and am rather clueless about all things mechanical : )

Thank you kindly!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club