C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Help me to find the blue color code.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Schwen   
Sun Jan 30 2022, 10:57am
Member No: #4921
I own a 12/2006 2.7HDI Exclusive, that left the factory sprayed in Mauritius Blue, KPKD colour code written in the door frame sticker.

But when I took the car to the local dealer to replace the windshield, the owner, who also owns a Mauritius Blue 2007 C6, noticed some differences between the cars, parking his unit beside mine... the colour code is different indeed.

Seems that at some stage of its life, a previous owner changed the colour when resprayed the car, for a darker blue than the Mauritius, and it don't know the code, I don't find it written elsewhere... cannot contact the previous owners, and that might be a big problem if I ever need to respray a panel.

As far as I know, at least in Spain,near 2008, the Mauritius blue C6 was discontinued and replaced for the Abysse Blue (KPS), darker colour, right?

Seems very very similar to mine. I've seen this picture of the Abysse blue over here, big thanks to the forum member and congrats for the showroom conditions.

I've also seen this Prestige Pack C6, sprayed in China Blue (EGE), looking pretty much the same to my eyes than mine, at least in pics.

Can you help me or give some advices to fix this issue?

Thanks.
Schwen   
Mon Jan 31 2022, 05:26pm
Pics of mine yesterday

Hattershaun   
Tue Feb 01 2022, 09:53am
Member No: #320
There was a third dark blue colour - Admiral Blue (KNC); it was a flat colour (non-metallic) & it looks like Mauritius in its darkness. It's only with the sun shining on Mauritius can you see the pearlescent metallic effect in the paint.
Abyss Blue replaced Mauritius Blue for the 2009 model year. Both can look quite different depending on the level of background light & angle of the sunshine. Both are similarly dark without bright sunlight.

Side by side, the Mauritius looks to have more purple/red in the colour than Abyss, which looks more turquoise (within the metallic fleck).

If your 2006 car has a different paint code to the 2007 car of your workshop owner, then they will be different colours.

A good bodyshop will have a spectrometer to analyse the paint on your car, so new paint could be formulated to match the existing.

The Abyss Blue car in your picture was my car, thanks for the compliments, it now lives with another forum member.

Schwen   
Tue Feb 01 2022, 06:42pm
Thanks for your answer.

Definitely this colour is not the Admiral Blue, that is for sure.

Thought that the spectrometer needed a base colour code, then it will read the actual paint and see how it has aged to tell the proper formulation. I didn't know they can determine the mixture just putting it on the paint.

AndreSMCXXMC6   
Thu Feb 03 2022, 06:01pm
Member No: #615
Was it may be BLUE ENCRE -EKE a special color used for demo purposes and used for eg the special 1955 DS3

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club