C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2,7 HDI Clatter between 1500 and 2000RPM

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ThoreT   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 08:55am
Member No: #4807
I get a "diesel clatter" between approx. 1500 and 2000RPM. It's most noticable when accelerating slowly through the RPM-range. Letting go the accelerator, the sound ends quite abruptly. Also, when accelerating through about 2000RPM, it smooths out quickly. Going at slow, constant speed in the same RPM-range, it's also audible, but not as much as when accelerating. Hot or cold makes little difference. At normal highway cruise, it's hardly audible at all.

From what I've been able to find out, this may sound like an injector? Any other C6-owners have the same experience?

Kind regards,
Thore
321dave   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 12:26pm
Member No: #614
ThoreT wrote ...

I get a "diesel clatter" between approx. 1500 and 2000RPM. It's most noticable when accelerating slowly through the RPM-range. Letting go the accelerator, the sound ends quite abruptly. Also, when accelerating through about 2000RPM, it smooths out quickly. Going at slow, constant speed in the same RPM-range, it's also audible, but not as much as when accelerating. Hot or cold makes little difference. At normal highway cruise, it's hardly audible at all.

From what I've been able to find out, this may sound like an injector? Any other C6-owners have the same experience?

Kind regards,
Thore

Hi Thore,
I have/had a lumpy Running 2.7 which in my case was related to a malfunctioning MAF sensor On the inlet air filter. Had not relised that there are apparently 2 sensors in each MAF sensor. One sensor works but the one that tell the ECU the inlet temperature in mine wasn’t. I tryed spraying it to clean it but it made no difference. I had a lumpy running and it was a bit clattery as well as the fuel ratio was off with the sensor issue.
A new MAF from Citroen is wait for it €205
each as a C6 has two on the air box! Thankfully only had a issue with one. The cheaper ones (non VDO Siemens are about €55 Up to decent €130. Anyway best of luck sorting the issue. If you haven’t don so it’s best to get the codes checked and that will help a lot to point you towards the real problem. If it is related to a faulty injector you could if no codes came up do a leak of test and check each injector. Kits aren’t very dear to get.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club