C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Number plate sizes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
jamescarruthers   
Sat Jun 19 2021, 02:36pm
Member No: #1548
I shall be installing new number plates on my car at some point. The registration is C6 FED so I have been considering a short plate.

I think on the back, I should have a full size standard plate to fill the recess. Possibly even a taller plate?

However, has anyone installed a short plate on the front of the car? I can’t work out if this will will look silly as there is “plinth” to install the plate on inbetween the parking sensors.

Does anyone have anything to add re: modified size front and rear plates.

Standard UK plates are 520 x 111mm. I’ve read the regulations and there are no size requirements, just the font size, plus 11mm margins, allowing short plates. I think I could install a 355 x 111mm if I did go for short.

This is a Swiss plate (300 x 80mm), which is smaller than my proposal but you get the idea
Tjensen   
Sat Jun 19 2021, 03:32pm
Member No: #954
Just be careful and avoid that the front plate comes too low or too much forward. It will hit the ground in dumps (silent police, ferries). I lost it three times before I threw away the mounting plate to get the plate itself 2 cm up and 1 cm in, Not a problem since.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club