Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Suspension/AMVAR computer reprogramming?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Frode   
Mon Mar 01 2021, 09:54pm
Member No: #3171
Hi all,

Although my C6 rides far better than my C5, I cannot escape the feeling that it could have been even better. At first, I thought it simply did not have the required suspension travel to iron out the bumbs like my DS - and in all fairness, what car does? However, I think the C6 would ride better with the computer being set up differently. The car tends not to settle (yes, spheres are new/ok) in some cases, and what I miss is generally more dampening of rebounds. It should preferably let shocks move the wheel either up or down with a minimum of resistance, but from then on, I would have liked it to kill the wheel movements faster. Sure, I could set the suspension in sport, but then I think the primary disturbance is dealt with too harshly, so it is not optimal either. Also, even in sport, with 17 inch winter tires and fully laden (the load allowed in the car is ridiculously low, by the way), the car may "bounce" more than what I find desirable in some situations (bumpy, high-speed corners).

Has anyone thought about what would be needed to re-program the suspension and AMVAR computers to make the car handle differently?

Best,
Frode

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club