Diagbox/Lexia. Where, Who, Which one?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Ranger12   
Fri Dec 04 2020, 03:27pm
Member No: #4492
Hello all,

I'm trying to find what the best Lexia/Diagbox is for my early 2007 C6 2.7 HDI Exclusive, and who would be the most reliable source for this, as I notice in the forums that it seems to be a hit-and-miss affair.

Also, I am unsure about whether I need both Diagbox and Lexia, or if I just need Lexia software.

I have been on ebay, and there are plenty of merchants selling this stuff, but as each ad has different descriptions, and some are not clear at all as to whether they will work (not to mention that there are dodgy sellers too), I am getting mightly confused as to what, where, and who to buy from.

I have an excellent condition Toshiba Laptop with Win XP, with reversible screen that is ready to be pressed into service, however I also note that some here have mentioned issues with various versions not connecting properly, or only allowing some adjustments, and I will really need as much functionality as possible.

Also, as I will need connectors as well, what should I look out for when buying a complete set (software and hardware components)? I take it a minimum requirement would be an OBDC to serial port connector, but are there any other places on the car that the lexia equiped laptop can access?

Finally, any ideas of what I should realistically be paying for this? I have noted prices ranging from very low to very high, and yet on the whole the high prices seem to be chancers and not really related to extra equipment etc.

Due to the unfortunate experiences I've had with a local garage, I'm going to have to check everything myself, and try to get the car back to its manufacturer settings, for the suspension, and a few other things that I will need to have access to like LDS/autobox/engine fluid replacements, checking codes myself, and mostly trying to get my C6 to drive in a straight line (as already posted in The Garage).
Trainman   
Sat Dec 05 2020, 10:19am

Member No: #86
Easy Diagnostics are a company that many find respectable, they are actually recommend by another good website French Car Forum who have a discount agreement - Click Here -

easy diagnostics website - Click Here -
Ranger12   
Sat Dec 05 2020, 01:04pm
Member No: #4492
Hi Trainman,

thank you for that information, that makes things much easier, I'll be contacting them shortly to get the right kit, so a great help.

Thanks again
Ranger12

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club