C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Best place to source a new LDS tank

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Marcy   
Thu Aug 20 2020, 04:52pm
Member No: #4417
I have had a couple of times where fluid has "vented" out of the LDS tank cap. It seems to have settled down now.....I do have the newer tank and cap

As a precaution I'm looking to replace my LDS tank, where is the best place for this? My local Citroen dealer isn't the friendliest

321dave   
Thu Aug 20 2020, 05:07pm
Member No: #614
C6Marcy wrote ...

I have had a couple of times where fluid has "vented" out of the LDS tank cap. It seems to have settled down now.....I do have the newer tank and cap

As a precaution I'm looking to replace my LDS tank, where is the best place for this? My local Citroen dealer isn't the friendliest

I’d say Eurocarcare would sort one for you. Prices generally good and if your a donating member you can get a discount. No harm in checking prices etc.

C6Marcy   
Fri Aug 21 2020, 06:39am
Does anyone know the three sizes of hose clamps required to fit the new tank?

I was hoping to use the springy Mikalor type, if they are capable of holding return pressure

- Click Here -
C6Marcy   
Sat Aug 22 2020, 09:35am
Actually this little pipe may be the more pressing issue, I'm assuming I can just source a new piece from somewhere like pirtek

What's the procedure for depressurising or draining of the LDS fluid prior to replacing it?

cruiserphil   
Sat Aug 22 2020, 09:48am

Member No: #38
Hello C6Marcy,

I got a piece of fuel hose from my motor factors. You can unclip and reuse the clips. I depressurised. Quickest way is with Lexia/Diagbox. No need to drain!

Best regards,

Phil C.
C6Marcy   
Sat Aug 22 2020, 10:08am
Is there a special plier that is used when removing and re using the clips?
cruiserphil   
Sun Aug 23 2020, 09:58pm

Member No: #38
Hello C6Marcy,

I used a small screwdriver to unclip and a small longnose pliers to fasten as far as I remember.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club