C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Suspension jumps first 10 miles.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
axbeer90   
Mon Jul 20 2020, 09:13am
Member No: #4397
Hello everybody,I have a problem with my C6 2.7HDI.

The suspension fluctuates a lot. I drive the first 10 miles and every bump is noticeable, the car jumps strongly. After parking and a little break, I drive back home and the suspension is soft and floating. If the outside temperatures are high, the suspension also works very well. Only cold is not good.

The spring balls are new and the chassis height is correct.

I read this problem here in the forum some time ago, but unfortunately I can't find it anymore.

Please help me.
Tjensen   
Mon Jul 20 2020, 10:57am
Member No: #954
Is the height correct in normal setting before you drive off ? (You have waited to see it rises) The simplest cause is that it has not established correct height and is way too low (which again might be a pump slowness problem)
arconell3   
Mon Jul 20 2020, 11:20am
Member No: #922
First of all get a read-out (Diagbox/Lexia) on the suspension and Amvar (adaptive shocks) system and see if there are any fault messages (apart from wake up and steering angle sensor, these faults are always there, a software bug).

Apart from that, check the LDS level, again using Diagbox to depressurize the suspension system first. (Checking LDS level cannot be done without depressurization).

Also: bleed the hydraulic suspension circuit, it could just be that some air is left in circuit. You'll find the correct procedures in the technical documents section: suspension>C6 Draining filling bleeding Hydraulic suspension circuit.

Last but not least: check alignment, very often overlooked after work was done on the suspension, but very important for a smooth ride.

Regards, Robert
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club