Cruise Control/Speed Limiter problem & other niggles

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Sun Sep 27 2015, 09:49am
Member No: #614
Dennis wrote ...

I've had the same problem. The dealer took a look at it and drove around with the Lexia attached to the vehicle. No faults came up, neither were the actions visible when pushing the cruise control buttons. The've recommended a change of the system, charging around €700,=.

At home I took a spray can of contact pray (inert to electrical systems) and with a cloth underneath the buttons I sprayed a fair amount behind the buttons. They worked fine again.

Did the same procedure again one week later, as dirt may have collected due to the liquid drying up. No problem since then and that was over six months ago....

Ah the dreaded cruise control issue has finally come to my C6! So far I have readup on most of the forum posts, but no luck yet getting it working, I even tried to remove the cover under the steering column. Does anyone know how to remove that cover, I removed the two screws but it appears the ignition barrel is in the way? Any idea how to proceed? Maybe the steering wheel needs to be removed first and then the column cover, not sure as I also couldn't find any technical files in the download area to show the removal procedure. Any help gladly appreciated as I use the cruise control a lot!! As I'm sure we all do.

Kind regards
321dave
e3steve   
Sun Sep 27 2015, 09:57am
Member No: #1163
The upper and lower nacelle component snap together. Once the upper part is removed then the lower part can be manipulated around the lock barrel.

You may need to combine removal of the nacelle with suitable positioning of the column adjustment.
Cisco   
Sun Sep 27 2015, 10:18am
Member No: #1429
Dave,

As Steve says, the two parts snap together so once you have removed the lower screws you have to gently prise the two halves apart with the flat of a screw driver or similar.

When you have the covers off follow the loom to each of the wiring plugs you can see and give each connection a gentle shake. That was all it took to reactivate my controls. Good luck.
321dave   
Sun Sep 27 2015, 04:24pm
Member No: #614
Cisco wrote ...

Dave,

As Steve says, the two parts snap together so once you have removed the lower screws you have to gently prise the two halves apart with the flat of a screw driver or similar.

When you have the covers off follow the loom to each of the wiring plugs you can see and give each connection a gentle shake. That was all it took to reactivate my controls. Good luck.

Many thanks Guys, I'll try that in a little while. One of my xenon lights coincidently has gone out as well(the plot thickens) it has been purple all week in any case. I have a set of Osram Bulbs ready to go in but again I think I read previously that it's not so easy replace the bulb near the LDS tank.

Thanks again guys for the great help!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club