Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Greetings from Preston (part 3)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C6Dave   
Tue Oct 31 2017, 01:45pm

Member No: #1
e3Steve still has a nice C6 for sale Steve......

You know you need another.....
Website
FraserG   
Tue Oct 31 2017, 08:55pm
Member No: #2011
Oh dear, that is sad unless you are going to replace it promptly!

I've been without my C6 for a month and it's not easy. But on the positive side, mine is coming back shortly after going though surgery. My accessory belt failed on the open road at speed, which was a bit alarming as all of a sudden I lost my power steering. It felt like the steering lock had applied itself! I decided to do the cam belts at the same time plus my mechanic found that the radiator also needed replacing.

Good luck with your withdrawal, its not pleasant!
Trainman   
Tue Oct 01 2019, 06:37pm

Member No: #86
Well, I’ve gone and done it again, I’ve bought a 2008 2.7 Exclusive, a rare non-lounge pack version in even rarer Mativoire Beige, I believe it’s the only one in the UK. Serviced by BL Autos for the last few years, the car has wanted for nothing.

I’ll upload pictures later, or tomorrow but the are some on the Facebook group for those of you on it.
3 User said Thank You to Trainman for this Post :
 Hattershaun (01 October 2019) , C6Dave (02 October 2019) , cruiserphil (02 October 2019)
Hattershaun   
Tue Oct 01 2019, 09:13pm
Member No: #320
Trainman wrote ...

Well, I’ve gone and done it again, I’ve bought a 2008 2.7 Exclusive, a rare non-lounge pack version in even rarer Mativoire Beige, I believe it’s the only one in the UK. Serviced by BL Autos for the last few years, the car has wanted for nothing.

I’ll upload pictures later, or tomorrow but the are some on the Facebook group for those of you on it.

Built in Jan 2009, registered in Feb 2009, on a '58' UK plate.
Very rare, as most UK 2.7HDi C6 were built in 2006/2007, then sat around until registered.
Many running production modifications/improvements are evident in this car; different EGR valves, engine wiring harness, ABS sensors/wiring, interior has chrome speaker surrounds & chrome bits on the hifi buttons.
Mativoire Beige was introduced as a colour option from Sept 2008. The first owner ordered the car in Oct 2008.
3 User said Thank You to Hattershaun for this Post :
 cruiserphil (02 October 2019) , FraserG (02 October 2019) , Trainman (09 October 2019)
Trainman   
Wed Oct 09 2019, 12:44pm

A couple of pictures

cruiserphil (10 October 2019) , FraserG (13 October 2019) , CitroenMan (30 October 2019)
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 09 2019, 01:29pm

That's a North East 1st registration Steve. I nearly brought it back but... enjoy
Website
1 User said Thank You to C6Dave for this Post :
 Trainman (09 October 2019)
Hattershaun   
Wed Oct 09 2019, 05:10pm
Member No: #320
Looking good in it’s new surroundings Steve.
1 User said Thank You to Hattershaun for this Post :
 Trainman (09 October 2019)
Trainman   
Sat Oct 26 2019, 01:34pm

Well, it's been an interesting few weeks, A bit of touching up to get me through the next couple of months whilst I look for a decent front bumper.

It would seem that the bumper has become distorted after it was damaged prior to me getting it.

Also found that the Lane Departure Warning System isn't working due to a faulty bank of sensors.

There's one hell of a water leak in the boot.

welcome back to C6ing

I'm off up to Scotland next week for the Concrete Camping in Tarbert, after a stopover in Glasgow with David Hallworth and a trip to the CCC Scottish Section monthly meet.

I bought some chrome Adritaique wheels, which a re current on it, but I'm fairly certain she will be going back on Roccastrada's soon. I just need to get some sensors for the roccastrda's.

Oh yeah and she's now sporting her new number plate C6OWR
1 User said Thank You to Trainman for this Post :
 cruiserphil (29 October 2019)
C6Dave   
Sat Oct 26 2019, 01:50pm

Bumper, well one will turn up but not in your cars colour...

LDS system, I personally don't like it and never used it..

Boot leak, probably the common one under the spoiler and there is a thread on it, but in the interim, add a drain hole in the boot floor

Enjoy the 'concrete camping' weekend.
Website
2 User said Thank You to C6Dave for this Post :
 Trainman (26 October 2019) , cruiserphil (29 October 2019)
Trainman   
Tue Oct 29 2019, 03:54pm

The leak in the boot was indeed the spoiler seal, which had disintegrated, Citroën helpful recommend (Service.Citroen) that a sealant be used as the seal itself is NFP.

2 User said Thank You to Trainman for this Post :
 C6Dave (29 October 2019) , cruiserphil (29 October 2019)
Trainman   
Tue Dec 10 2019, 11:55am

So a few updates:

I was talking with David Hallworth one night not long after buying the C6, I'd just bought a Parrot CK3100 for the car because I figured that trying to find an RT5 head unit was next to impossible, when low and behold, one appears on Ebay, As I was heading up to Davids the following week and David wanted some other bits, rather than pay 2 lots of postage he ordered all the bits.

The following week, I headed north, I'd bought a set of Adriatique wheels off Shaun and wasn't sure whether to put them on the C6 or not, but fit them I did, figuring that the tyre beads needed to be broken and then we could get the sensor codes, plus it would give me time to decide whether I liked them or not, in the mean time, David had received an email to say the the RT5 would be arriving the same day I was there.

The Thursday was also the day of the Scottish Section CCC monthly meet so it was an ideal time for me to meet a couple of new people. then on the Friday head up the Concrete Camping event at Loch Lomond.

Since returning from Loch Lomond I've been using the C6 as a daily driver, Whilst up in Scotland, my wife had her Qashqai stolen and burnt out while she was recovering at a friend from a preplanned operation.

So, a few replacement vehicles were discussed, another Qashqai, Kia Sportage, Peugeot 5008 and the C5 Aircross. Being as Nissan and Citroen were the 2 nearest dealers we decided that these were probably the most likely candidates, knowing what we did about the Nissan, we skipped that and went to the local Citroen Dealership.

Sarah and I were thrown a bit of a curve ball, when we arrived at Citroen, we were talking about the reason for looking at a new car and he said, "have to thought about the DS7?" the simple answer was no, so we went and had a look but decided that the DS7 wasn't what we wanted as the boot was smaller that the Aircross.

We were hand the the keys to a 1.6 auto Aircross Flair+ and told to fetch it back in a couple of hours. we had a good run around and decided that with the dog (Golden Labrador) the Aircross was the better choice between the Qashqai and Aircross. So one was duly purchased and we are now a 3 Citroen Family.

2 User said Thank You to Trainman for this Post :
 cruiserphil (10 December 2019) , Hattershaun (11 December 2019)
C6Dave   
Tue Dec 10 2019, 02:03pm

Trainman wrote ...

Since returning from Loch Lomond I've been using the C6 as a daily driver, Whilst up in Scotland, my wife had her Qashqai stolen and burnt out while she was recovering at a friend from a pre planned operation............

..........We were hand the the keys to a 1.6 auto Aircross Flair+ and told to fetch it back in a couple of hours. we had a good run around and decided that with the dog (Golden Labrador) the Aircross was the better choice between the Qashqai and Aircross. So one was duly purchased and we are now a 3 Citroen Family.

Hope Sarah is OK Steve.

Here in the North East the Qashqai is everywhere as those working at the plant get them cheaply. I even considered one once but that thought didn't last long.

Good choice sticking with Citroen
Website
2 User said Thank You to C6Dave for this Post :
 cruiserphil (10 December 2019) , FraserG (10 December 2019)
Trainman   
Wed Jul 22 2020, 03:55pm

Well, I've finally found time to fit the bumper I acquired some time ago, what with moving house, and everything that comes with that, plus starting a new job. I've not really had time to spend some time on the car.

About 5 or 6 months ago MGmike was breaking the donor car he had and I managed to get the bumper plus a comms unit and passenger door mirror off him.

I fitted the comms unit, because the one on the cat was annoying me, it just felt "floppy" when you indicated left and sometimes didn't cancel.

I've now changed the bumper, which only leaves the passenger door mirror to change. I'm changing it because it doesn't always fold in.

My plan at some point is to strip both the old comms unit and door mirror down and see if I can repair them.

I've also changed back to the Roccostrada wheels as I couldn't settle with the Adriatiques wheels.

MGmike (22 July 2020) , cruiserphil (24 July 2020) , 321dave (01 August 2020)
cruiserphil   
Fri Jul 24 2020, 10:27am

Member No: #38
Lovely job Steve!

Best regards,

Phil C.
Trainman   
Fri Jul 31 2020, 07:37pm

I took the C6 out for a run today, and I have an ABS fault, I think I must have “disturbed” something when I changed the front bumper. Looks like some investigation work will need to be done on Tuesday, my next day off.

Is there a connection I’ve maybe disturbed or not connected back, that is around the bumper area?
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club