Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Does C6 have "audio directional" parking sensors?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
joopajaa   
Thu Nov 01 2018, 07:29am
Member No: #3261
My C6 does not beep from that specific corner's speaker which is nearest to object outside the car. It seems to beep from front only.

Is there a setting in BSI for this? It is a very nice feature that IS present on 2005-2007 C5 - you don't have to look at the LCD-screen to know where the car is near object, just hear the beeping from that corner's speaker.

I hope I wrote this right so you can understand what I mean
e3steve   
Fri Nov 02 2018, 02:53pm
Member No: #1163
Mine have always done exactly what you describe. Probably not helpful to you, though...
Paulius   
Mon Nov 05 2018, 07:09pm
Member No: #1821
Mine starts beeping "in the corners" when it they get really close to something, otherwise you just get frond/rear general beeps. Mine's 2007.
joopajaa   
Tue Nov 06 2018, 07:19am
Paulius wrote ...

Mine starts beeping "in the corners" when it they get really close to something, otherwise you just get frond/rear general beeps. Mine's 2007.

Ok I have to check this again to be sure. Mines 2007 also.
joopajaa   
Mon Jan 28 2019, 06:44am
On the electrical equipment PDF there is a note about parking sensors:

N.B. : During front or rear parking assistance, an audible signal whose frequency varies as a function of the
proximity of the obstacle, informs the driver of the approach in the detection zone . this signal is emitted by the
audio system speakers with a sound volume louder in the zone closest to the obstacle .

So it should work. Maybe its like Paulius wrote.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club