fast blinking

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Asaab   
Fri Sep 28 2018, 01:10pm
Member No: #2691
Hi again

all my 6 hazard bulbs are working well if i press the hazard red switch.
but if i am using the blinker switch to left or right, it all the correct bulbs at the correct side are blinking but very fast compare to the hazard operate.
any idea?

i have service light in the panel, came back after delete a minute after starting the engine.

thanks
e3steve   
Sun Sep 30 2018, 07:43am
Member No: #1163
Has any of the lamps (bulbs) been replaced? And are they all appearing to emanate the same brightness that they always did?

The side repeaters are sealed-in W5W (501, 5-Watt amber) lamps; if one of these was to fail it would have no effect on the flashing frequency, so you can rule them out.

The front turn signals are PY24W (24-Watt amber), so if neither of those has been replaced recently, then forget those too.

Which leaves the rear lights; they should be 21-Watt clear, single centre-contact lamps. It is possible to incorrectly insert a 10-Watt or even a 5-Watt taillight type, both easily recognisable as they have a much smaller glass ‘envelope’, into the lampholder; it will still show as “working”, but it will neither be bright enough nor will it draw the correct current. The latter anomaly will cause the vehicle’s monitoring system to double the flashing frequency, which in turn serves as a notification to the driver that a lamp has failed.

If all the lamps inserted in their respective holders are of the correct type, then the lampholders themselves — along with the various connectors — should be inspected and manipulated (whilst the lights are flashing) in order to observe each lamp’s intensity and any changes in same whilst the connections are being ‘wiggled’. The higher-rate flashing won’t revert to the correct rate immediately; it takes a few seconds to detect and to correct itself. If all lamps inserted are as they should be, then you should suspect a CANbus error; in this case a BSI-reset might clear the problem...

As an aside (and a bit of useless info), if a rear turn signal lamp fails on some Mercedes models (and other German vehicles), their CANbus systems will cause the reversing light to flash in place of the failed turn signal. It will flash with the correct frequency — circa 120-fpm — but, from inside the car, the dashboard ‘mimic’ will appear to flash at the ‘trouble detected’ frequency of circa 240-fpm! Clever, innit?!
Asaab   
Fri Oct 05 2018, 10:26am
Member No: #2691
thanks, at the end of the day, system reset with lanch diagnostic tool was solve the problem.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club