Front suspension bushes keep failing.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
JamesHammond   
Tue Dec 11 2018, 01:09pm
Member No: #3159
Hi everyone,

I've had my C6 for nearly 4 years now and it has come to the dreaded MOT time of year.
The past 2 years it has failed on one particular bush that has been replaced both sides on the 2 previous MOT's. Citroen will only supply the whole leg at great expense. This seems idiotic for just a small bush that fits in to it.

My question is, has any one else overcome this issue with polyurethane ones? Or any other suggestions?

Attached is a blown diagram with the area circled.

arconell3   
Wed Dec 12 2018, 10:46pm
Member No: #922
Apart from a quality issue with these bushes, it may also be the result of fitting aftermarket bearing bushes on the lower suspension arms. The only available bushes (here also Citroën only supplies the complete suspension arm including bushes) are too big, lifting the rear end of the suspension arm just a few mm, thus slightly tilting the bracket at 72 (drawing).

Regards, Robert
Website
Tjensen   
Thu Dec 13 2018, 09:54pm
Member No: #954
I just had to change these on both sides (after 155 000 km) I actually had spare ones, bought from a C6-friend. My garage also had plans to get them without buying the whole thing, the would check Peugeot for a part number. They also mentioned changing to polyurethane, especially for bad road conditions. On bad roads they don't last long in their experience (Cit and P). Next in line is the no 13 bushing (also in my spare part box) and a wheel alignment. Ebay is a good and cheap source for such parts.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club