Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

max. RPM about 3000.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
meliskay72   
Thu Jul 05 2018, 05:42pm
Member No: #1645
My c6 2.7HDi, Lignage, '58 plate (and manufacture), 80,782 miles, has recently come back from my local cit. garage at driffield after a quite ext(p)ensive set of repairs etc. including new timing belt, new alternator/water pump belt, new front discs and pads, new front hubs/hub carriers, track rod ends, ABS sensors, complete new plastic thermostat housing, front suspension hydraulic supply pipe replaced, all necessary fluids, interim service, replaced C.V boot, front n.s; wheel alignment, mot etc. etc.

Now I am finding a "hesitancy" in gear changes (Automatic), a very lethargic rate of progress, and an unwillingness and inability for the engine to achieve 3000 RPM.

I would appreciate any guidance or pointers as to where the problem may lie before embarking on another costly contribution to the garages' retirement pot.

n.b no messages on the dashboard for a clue.

regards, meliskay.
Dave-Retired   
Thu Jul 05 2018, 06:13pm

Member No: #1
Limiting at 3,000 rpm is usually a sign that the car has gone into 'limp' mode to protect the engine because of a fault.

The repairs at your CIT Dealer (Broach Hill?) should be covered under repair warranty (12 month on parts and 6 months on labour IIRC) so give them a call.
Website
1 User said Thank You to Dave-Retired for this Post :
 meliskay72 (3 Days ago)
arconell3   
Mon Jul 09 2018, 08:54am
Member No: #922
Since your timing belt was changed, the very first thing to check is whether the valve timing is correct!! It wouldn't be the first time that a timing belt change resulted in a ruined engine. In both cases I know of, the garage doing the change (Cit dealer workshops!) didn't use the required Cit tools to do the job... They simply didn't have them available...

Regards, Robert
Website
1 User said Thank You to arconell3 for this Post :
 meliskay72 (3 Days ago)
Pracli   
Tue Jul 10 2018, 07:20am
Member No: #3537
I had the same problem, and the root cause was weak fuel pressure
I changed the belt for the high pressure pump
Seems to be OK for now
Try to read error codes, may be there is P0193 and/or P1164
1 User said Thank You to Pracli for this Post :
 meliskay72 (3 Days ago)
meliskay72   
Thu Jul 12 2018, 05:49pm
Member No: #1645
I spoke to Neill @ Broach Hill about the problem now extant with GF58OUG since its various works, about a week ago. They were (as always), extremely busy, but I arranged to take the car in yesterday, Wednesday. I was advised that they would try to "get on it" yesterday afternoon or this morning, and would phone me with any findings. So far nothing heard, although I have a courtesy car from them (18.40 hrs.) There will be more to follow.
1 User said Thank You to meliskay72 for this Post :
 cruiserphil (3 Days ago)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club