Suspension issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
robthewad   
Thu Apr 12 2018, 03:17pm
Member No: #157
Hi Folks
It is many a moon since I posted as I personally was off the road. My trusty 2006 2.7 Exclusive (owned for over 10 years) has therefore had limited use over the past 2 years but now back to frequent motoring.

Potholes in Gloucestershire are terrible and as a result I had to have the front near side lower arm and links replaced and took the opportunity to also renew the front discs and pads. However since the repair I have had a "suspension faulty" warning pop up together with the service light. This goes out after about a minute but the sequence is repeated about every 5 miles.

The car drives well and when linked up electronically no fault is found my local very experienced independent garage engineer is mystified and has re-checked all of the completed work. I have lowered the suspension and also raised it to max. and all the usual functions appear OK. Fluid level and condition also checked (see previous thread on his fault warning relating to possible sphere issues).

Any advice would be gratefully received. Robthewad.
C6Dave   
Thu Apr 12 2018, 06:11pm

Member No: #1
Needs checking with Lexia for the culprit, but check that the front 'ride height' sensor bracket didn't get bent during the repairs, straightening it out if it is may help....
Website
cruiserphil   
Fri Apr 13 2018, 10:01am

Member No: #38
Welcome back Rob,

If it's the wishbone that was replaced it's worth getting the car heights checked and reset.

The 3.0HDi gave that fault occasionally when we got it first, an issue that the seller had kindly disclosed before purchase. But in that case Lexia/Diagbox showed a failed front suspension pressure sensor. When I eventually replaced it, the fault never reappeared.

Best regards,

Phil C.
c6kev   
Fri Apr 13 2018, 04:42pm
Member No: #1508
Rob

When my car intermittently showed the "suspension faulty" message, it was the first sign of a failing thermostat housing. Occasional spurts of escaping water/steam appeared to affect the circuits. The tell tale was moisture/condensation on the right hand strut top. Quite probably a red herring, but it is quick and easy to check.

Regards,

Kevin
robthewad   
Fri Apr 13 2018, 05:55pm
Thanks everyone have booked the car in for a thorough check through next week when all suggested possibilities will be looked at./ I will let you know the outcome

Cheers

Rob
robthewad   
Fri Apr 27 2018, 12:54pm
Hi All
Great to report that the problem has been solved. Turned out to be the height sensor switch (photo of old one attached)and had to wait for a new one from France.

Again many thanks to everyone for your help much appreciated.

Rob

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club