2.7 exhaust emissions

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Sat May 05 2018, 08:42am
Member No: #614
2ilent8cho wrote ...

Garage have called, i will have a nice £1033 bill to start my C6 ownership with yey!

When they rev it water gushes out the engine which is the symptoms i read on here of thermostat housing failing but they called it something else. Also that coolant pipe that corrodes and Citroen charge a lovely almost £300 for is weeping so they are changing that.

I also have a hydraulic leak on a pipe to the rear centre sphere.

On the plus side at least the main failure on this model will be sorted. Just cannot believe the cost of that
coolant pipe!

Hello, is that £300 to buy & fit the rusting pipe? If so, that would be good value as the pipe I paid for was €150 without fitting. When I replaced mine I wound a self sealing tape (like a bike handlebar tape) that bonded waterproof around the section that is open to the wheel arch road spray. You will know from the rust spot on you current pipe when it's removed where the tape should be wound on to permanently pertect the pipe. It will never need painting or replacing again. You can get this sealing tape in motor shops and if the garage give you the part before fitting you could wind it on yourself or maybe the fitting garage might help here. Idir way the new pipe will need some more protection.
2ilent8cho   
Tue May 08 2018, 10:27am
Member No: #2626
321dave wrote ...

2ilent8cho wrote ...

Garage have called, i will have a nice £1033 bill to start my C6 ownership with yey!

When they rev it water gushes out the engine which is the symptoms i read on here of thermostat housing failing but they called it something else. Also that coolant pipe that corrodes and Citroen charge a lovely almost £300 for is weeping so they are changing that.

I also have a hydraulic leak on a pipe to the rear centre sphere.

On the plus side at least the main failure on this model will be sorted. Just cannot believe the cost of that
coolant pipe!

Hello, is that £300 to buy & fit the rusting pipe? If so, that would be good value as the pipe I paid for was €150 without fitting. When I replaced mine I wound a self sealing tape (like a bike handlebar tape) that bonded waterproof around the section that is open to the wheel arch road spray. You will know from the rust spot on you current pipe when it's removed where the tape should be wound on to permanently pertect the pipe. It will never need painting or replacing again. You can get this sealing tape in motor shops and if the garage give you the part before fitting you could wind it on yourself or maybe the fitting garage might help here. Idir way the new pipe will need some more protection.

No was just the price of the part from Citroen
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club