Additional heater, communication error

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Frode   
Mon Apr 09 2018, 09:57am
Member No: #3171
Hi all,

The other day the hose to the front EGR valve went off, and I noticed something was wrong when the fans started howling at maximum. I stopped the engine before it got out of normal temperature range, and noticed the filler tank was empty. After fixing the hose (the clamp had fallen off), refilling and bleeding, the engine seems to work fine. However, the additional heater did not fire this morning, and now there is a communications error with the additional heater in Diagbox (was not there before), so I cannot diagnose it.

The garage which changed the front EGR valve a year ago refuses to take responsibility for the fault (misplaced clamp is my guess), as it would then have failed a long time ago. Also they claim that it is a coincidence that the additional heater fails now, and that this does not have anything to do with the water issue... So I keep hoping that nothing expensive happened, and that there is an easy fix to the additional heater issue. Any thoughts?

Best,
Frode
arconell3   
Sat Apr 14 2018, 10:23pm
Member No: #922
Hi Frode,

A water leak could have fouled up the wiring and/or electrical connectors on the (Webasto?) heater. Maybe worth a check. Also, using the remote control, listen if you hear the heater starting up, a clicking and whirring sound. Don't forget to check the battery in the remote control, even if the display still lights up, it may be too low to produce sufficient signal strength for the heater to receive it. That happens to me every 3 years or so.

Regards, Robert
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club