Strange LDS-level behaviour

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Frode   
Wed Feb 21 2018, 09:23pm
Member No: #3171
Hi,

Does anyone have any clue why my LDS-level suddenly went much higher after changing tyres (involving the car at max hight under the procedure)? Since I suspect a the tank has a small fracture, I keep very close taps on the LDS-level, and after the tyre change and lowering the suspension (cap open), the level is much, much higher than before. Too high, in fact, as putting the car in the low setting overflows the tank.

If at all relevant: Some days ago, I poured in an additional 1 liter of LDS after depressurizing (using Diagbox->variable damping suspension->pack repair->bleeding/filling LDS and ending the procedure early when asked to pressurize the tank to check electrovalves in the pump - or something. This may be a flawed approach, but the car went all the way down, at least.). After filling, I measured my LDS level in the normal hight setting, and this was constant for the next two trips. Now, I have a much higher LDS level, and this also seems constant...

Best,
Frode
Bergen, Norway

eke   
Thu Feb 22 2018, 01:17pm
Member No: #624
How did you measure lds-level in normal height ? You cannot see the correct level.
Frode   
Thu Feb 22 2018, 08:43pm
Member No: #3171
I did see it (some 0.8 cm above the bottom level). This was after I filled the tank to the right level after depressurizing the system, and then bringing the car up again. I know (now) that this probably means I did not get full depressurization, as the correct level should correspond to about the bottom level in regular low, and below this level in normal. However, the (too high) level remained constant for two trips, then - after the tyre change - went up a lot. This I do not understand at all.

(I will drain some of the LDS, but keeping in mind the possible fractured tank, I also keep the cap somewhat open to prevent pressure build-up.)

Frode
eke   
Fri Feb 23 2018, 05:33am
Member No: #624
When fully depressurised, you can see some liquid on the bottom. When on normal low, you should not see any liquid above bottom level. If you see, there is too much liquid in the tank.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club