C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mixolydian   
Wed Jan 03 2018, 02:56pm
Member No: #3382
Folks,

I'm a recent joiner of the site and owner of a 2007 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue with complementary 'Wadibis' cream interior. I've not had the car long (~ two months) and whilst she has a few minor glitches gremlins, I couldn't be more pleased with her. I knew about one of them before purchase, but there's nothing major and I'm relatively handy with a spanner...

My plan is to run the car for another month to complete the shakedown, then start priortising the to-do list; I've done a few minor jobs thus far, but nothing substantial. The C6 has a relatively low mileage for its age (I bought it with ~64k on the clock) so look forward to all those jobs that need doing between 80-100k. Whilst it's my daily driver I'm fortunate to have other cars on which I can fall back should the need arise, but my intention is to maintain and cherish the car in a practical sense.

Look forward to being part of the community and the excellent resource that is this site. I come from a background of mainly old Fords, so it's great to be involved in a very different type of automotive community.

Cheers for now.
C6Dave   
Wed Jan 03 2018, 06:45pm

Member No: #1
Welcome aboard. @ 64K it is low mileage and the consensus is that 85K (well from e3steve) that things start to go South so hopefully you have a good few miles of problem fre motoring ahead of you

All I would add though is that a C6 is nothing like an 'old ford' having had several when they were actually 'new'
Website
mixolydian   
Thu Jan 04 2018, 10:53pm
Member No: #3382
Thanks Dave, really appreciate the welcome.

I completely agree with your sentiment about old Fords... I've had the Citroen two months and haven't had to weld anything yet! I've had modern cars (various makes) and classics as daily drivers so the C6 seems perfect as a modern classic; it seems to be a good balance between modern convenience / practicality / reliability (?) and genuine character.

I'm a techie by nature and so actually quite enjoy the embedded technology aspect of modern cars, in parallel with the core mechanicals. Though it has to be said, I'm still a sucker for the sound of well set-up twin DCOE's...
Trainman   
Sat Jan 06 2018, 11:18am

Member No: #86
aboard
jamescarruthers   
Sun Jan 07 2018, 07:18am
Member No: #1548
Welcome and good luck with your C6!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club