C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

N/S/F window inop

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
rd27   
Sun Feb 15 2015, 10:14am
Member No: #2029
Hi folks, my first proper post on here, I purchased an '06 Exclusive a few weeks ago and have loved every minute since, only issue I have is with the passenger side front window, since I bought the car it hasn't worked. When you press the switch you can hear the motor clicking but the window doesn't move, when opening the external door handle it doesn't drop either. I've replaced the switch in the handle for a used part to no avail and I've also tied replacing the motor with one off a 407 coupe, again neither worked. The only other thing I think it could be is the door latch, not registering the door being ajar, when opening the door a little the interior light flashes on and off as if the switch isn't working properly, but when the door is fully open it stays on properly and the 'door open' warning appears on the dash.

Also, the door doesn't lock with the rest of the car I found out today, unsure if these faults are all related?

Regards Ryan
Trainman   
Sun Feb 15 2015, 03:23pm

Member No: #86
Press and hold the switch down for 20 seconds, then try it again, it should reset the window. Have to say I think it could be more serious, and please be careful those windows can be a pain to get

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club