Right hand headlight pinout

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
p6rob   
Fri Dec 29 2017, 10:22am
Member No: #3275
Hi,

I'm just about halfway through replacing the right hand headlight on my C6. It doen't do main beam because the internal wiring is shot and a previous owners bodged soldered repair has failed.
Unfortunately, whoever was there before has broken the main electrical connector and superglued the remnants onto the headlight.
I've managed to get a new connecter via Amazon but unfortunately had to destry the old connector to remove the wires. Rather foolishly, I didn't take a picture beforehand but did write down the pinouts but the wires don't feel like they are sitting right.

I can't find the appropriate wiring diagram andwas hoping someone could confirm I've written it down correctly or not.

1 Green/Yellow
2 Fat darker blue
3 Cream
4 Not connected
5 Not connected
6 Yellow
7 White
8 Pink
9 Thin paler blue
10 - 14 Not connected
15 Green/ Brown

Any help much appreciated

Rob
p6rob   
Fri Dec 29 2017, 02:27pm
Panic over. I paid for an hours access to the Citroen technical documents and I had indeed reversed the numbering.
I don't want to say it too loudly in case the car hears but...

There's now only one fault that I'm aware of and that's intermittent. Every once in a while, I get an airbag or pretensioner warning.

MOT is due in a couple of weeks, so, hopefully, that won't throw up any issues.

Rob
sotweedfactor   
Sat Dec 30 2017, 05:45pm
Member No: #2185
I have a similar issue in that main beam is intermittent on the LH headlamp. I've taken it apart, checked all the wiring (whilst on the bench), shutter operation and reassembled it. But to no avail, when fitted to the car, the main beam shutter behaves intermittently. I've wondered if the fault is on the 'car' side of the wiring and not in the headlamp unit at all.

A few questions, Rob..
* Have you purchased a new headlamp unit and if so, where did you get it from? And at what outrageous cost?
* Has the fitting of a new unit fixed the problem?
* Did you fit a new ballast and Xenon bulb at the same time?
* Can you post a link to the Amazon supply of wiring connectors?

I suspect that the wiring pinouts to the LH headlamp differ quite a bit from the RH.

With thanks, Eric
jamescarruthers   
Sat Dec 30 2017, 06:18pm
Member No: #1548
I had a failed unit which also refused to do full beam and the cost is £600ish for a bare headlight and goes to £1000 if you include bulb and ignitor. This is from Citroen.

Luckily (sort of!), mine was damaged in an parking accident a few months ago so the other drivers insurance paid for it.
p6rob   
Tue Jan 02 2018, 08:58am
Hi, Apologies for the delay, I've been laid up, ill, in bed for the last few days.
Amazon list the connectors as:
CNKF 5 Sets AMP plug 15 pin female adapter black electrical black ECU auto wire connector
- Click Here -

You get a pack of five connectors and a bag of pins but unfortunately with all the faffing about getting the wiring wrong, I ended up destroying four. once pushed in, it's nigh on impossible to get a wire back out without damaging the housing.
I paid 300.00 for a second hand light. I had planned to change the bulb, however, in the month or so between finding out what the issue was, the 'new' headlight and connector arriving, the new bulb had got damaged while banging around in the boot.

Replacing the lamp has indeed fixed the problem. I suspect I could repair the old one. Having said that, there's a long list of other higher priority things. So, I'll hang on to it, as is, for now.

Rob

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club