Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Market Place :: C6's for Sale

C6 for sale on eBay

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Hattershaun   
Sun Nov 12 2017, 05:58PM
Member No: #320
If anyone is thinking about buying this car, I saw it, inspected it & drove it today.
It's now been resisted on eBay.

- Click Here -

It looks very nice in the photos, but it's had a rear end accident, which has not been fixed properly.
The boot floor is creased, the bumper poorly repaired (underside is mashed up, top has been filled and painted), boot lid is damaged & doesn't shut easily, silicone sealer applied to prevent water ingress.
I think it would be an insurance write-off if inspected now, I doubt an insurance claim has ever been made as it's all clear on HPi.

The incorrect suspension arms have been (poorly) fitted, rear rubber suspension bush is only half in, height sensor brackets are bent & both driveshaft gaiters split with grease everywhere.
It was last serviced nearly 3 years ago and no invoices for servicing work, just stamps in the book at 20/40/60k miles.
No evidence of cambelt having been changed and therefore due as over 10 years old.
A more suitable description would be 'has potential', everything is straight forward to fix, but at a price. Could be a nice car for someone.

Buyer beware.
6 User said Thank You to Hattershaun for this Post :
 Trainman (12 Nov : 19:14) , FraserG (12 Nov : 23:09) , Dave-Retired (Last Week) , cruiserphil (Last Week) , keithc (5 Days ago) , e3steve (4 Days ago)
Dave-Retired   
Mon Nov 13 2017, 08:50AM

Member No: #1
Just shows how the camera can 'lie' Shaun but at the right price (not the one being asked) it could be viable for someone.
Website
Bishop   
Mon Nov 13 2017, 02:26PM
Member No: #868
Wow, that's a cheeky price given the amount of work and re-work required.
Jas16   
Mon Nov 13 2017, 10:11PM
Member No: #2994
I used to live in Rotherham many years ago and I used to walk past this car regularly, it's what made me fall in love with the c6 in the first place [couldn't afford it back then, and we are talking about 2011].

Sorry that was me off on a tangent,
1 User said Thank You to Jas16 for this Post :
 e3steve (4 Days ago)
Dave-Retired   
Tue Nov 14 2017, 10:28AM

Member No: #1
Hm, the price seems to have gone down today by £1k, if it keeps on going it could end up as a parts car. Be a shame if another one disappeared though.
Website
Hattershaun   
Thu Nov 16 2017, 07:54AM
Member No: #320
This morning the price is £3695, same as when I viewed the car, not sure if it changed over the last 3 days.
I made an offer taking into account the costs of properly fixing the bodywork and carrying out all the maintenance, which was too low for the seller.
I think he'd accept an offer starting with a '3'
2 User said Thank You to Hattershaun for this Post :
 cruiserphil (4 Days ago) , e3steve (4 Days ago)
haggis75   
Thu Nov 16 2017, 07:28PM
Member No: #3325
I have been talking about this car with the seller. After seeing this thread i asked a few more questions. To me the car is scrap as the cost of repair make is uneconomical. Either the seller has been stung with this car or has warranted a shady repair.
1 User said Thank You to haggis75 for this Post :
 Dave-Retired (3 Days ago)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club