C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Hi from Croydon

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
pshawfocus   
Wed Oct 11 2017, 08:45am
Member No: #1322
Long time Citroen aficionado, having owned a 2CV, 2xBXs a CX and then having a long break, before acquiring an XM a couple of years back and most recently a C6. About a month into ownership and have already managed some 2000 smooth miles. The car is a 2007 2.7 Exec in storm (?) grey, with the dark leather interior. Full history, 2 owners and 65,000 (10 year service done).

Loving:

1) The smooth ride - though I think I get the odd unusually firm moment from the rear so will monitor
2) The serenity - though I get a sense that maybe one of the engine mounts (?) isn't perfect as there's a resonance that comes through when the engine is under a bit of load. Say you're doing 65mph in 6th and you accelerate (not hard enough to kick down) there's a change in engine sound / feel that goes when you ease off the gas and cruise again
3) The equipment - the photochromic (?) exterior mirrors are a huge advantage having come down from an SUV. The electric seats, lounge pack, 'dark' button plus the heads up display.
4) The design - nothing else on the road like it, especially love the rear buttresses and the basking shark profile. The interior too is gorgeous, with the half moon door bins.
5) Space - the extra headroom over my XM is a surprise and as a short legged 5'11 tall chap, I have my seat quite close to the wheel so when friends sit behind me, think they're in a limo.
6) Did I mention how quite and smooth it is?

Next job is to get the auto gearbox flushed as it's not quite right when it changes up through 3-4-5. I think I'm right in saying that the auto box in one of my BXs had a partial lock-up on 3rd and full lock on 4th and it seems the C6's gearbox is either locking / unlocking at the same time as it changes gear. Will see what the experts say - it's rarely a clunky change, but just not quite right. Will also ask them for thoughts on the noise / resonance as you accelerate. As mine is the only C6 I've ever driven I can't really compare, maybe they all do this.

Anyway - loving the car and looking forward to some longer road trips next year including my annual pilgrimages across France for holidays.

Gary

cruiserphil   
Wed Oct 11 2017, 10:54am

Member No: #38
Congrats on your car Gary.

Definitely get the transmission flush done!

Best regards,

Phil C.
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 11 2017, 02:13pm

Member No: #1
pshawfocus wrote ...

Anyway - loving the car and looking forward to some longer road trips next year including my annual pilgrimages across France for holidays.

Gary

Driving across France is what the car was built for and does superbly, but avoid using 'gasoil' and stick with branded derv.
Website
Hattershaun   
Wed Oct 11 2017, 06:30pm
Member No: #320
Welcome Gary.
As we've already chatted about your C6 (& mine), it will be good to meet, when you are passing in the near future.

pshawfocus   
Fri Oct 13 2017, 10:10am
Member No: #1322
Hey Shaun - yes, I'm taking it to BL autos next Tues morning if you're around. Depending upon what Robert says I'll either be heading home having flushed it, or leaving it there for more tweaking.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club