Sports suspension setting

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Declan1962   
Tue Sep 19 2017, 01:52pm
Member No: #3242
Hello all
Enjoying my C6 immensely. Still working through the gadgets... there's a lot!
Can anyone shine a light on the following; The sports suspension icon does not show on the dash. I'm referring to the little shock absorber icon.
I've been into the system to list and when I push button to activate when I go back it remains on ' deactivated'. Any advice would be welcome!
Declan
Leeds

e3steve   
Wed Sep 20 2017, 07:03am
Member No: #1163
I had a similar thing with the LDWS, when I first got the '3'. I connected the car to Lexia and discovered a fault code that stated "Lane departure sensor fault" (or something like that).

It turned out that the left side sensors' plug had not been reconnected after the front bumper was refitted after painting.

You need to interrogate the BSI & ECUs before you'll know where to look, Declan.
PercyPorcelain   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 03:35pm
Member No: #2027
I'd like to run a 'blindfold test' of C6 owners (or rather blinkers, a full blindfold could be hazardous) to see how many can tell which suspension setting their car is on. Maybe I'm a poor driver but I swear I can't tell the difference between normal and 'sport'
BulbeckC6   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 03:47pm
Member No: #3081
Wow, I can! 'Normal' is so soft and bouncy/wallowy that it is like a car with no shock absorbers and makes passengers feel sick, while 'sport' stiffens it up so that it is almost acceptable. I would like to get the suspension software upgrade done to see if that helps but can't find a Citroen dealer near here that is any help! I need to get it on the ramp and have a proper look to see if I can see anything wrong as I am sure it should be much better than this.
jamescarruthers   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 04:16pm
Member No: #1548
BulbeckC6 wrote ...

Wow, I can! 'Normal' is so soft and bouncy/wallowy that it is like a car with no shock absorbers and makes passengers feel sick, while 'sport' stiffens it up so that it is almost acceptable. I would like to get the suspension software upgrade done to see if that helps but can't find a Citroen dealer near here that is any help! I need to get it on the ramp and have a proper look to see if I can see anything wrong as I am sure it should be much better than this.

A-ha! Another Cambridge C6! And you have an XM, CX and DS too, nice one!
Jas16   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 09:11pm
Member No: #2994
On the 2.2 I have, definitely tell the difference between the two suspension settings. As pointed out earlier, in normal mode very soft with lots of lean/body roll on country A-roads. Press the sports button and things become firmer and feel the bumps more pronounced in the cabin. I prefer these two options.

On a side note, when I first brought the car, I added/topped up too much LDS fluid which made the overall ride much firmer. Also on my car the car to the LDS tank was the old style so that it didn't let release the air pressure [?] properly when going from the top suspension height setting to lowest. All small things that add up to make a big difference.
e3steve   
Wed Sep 27 2017, 07:48am
Member No: #1163
PercyPorcelain wrote ...

I'd like to run a 'blindfold test' of C6 owners (or rather blinkers, a full blindfold could be hazardous) to see how many can tell which suspension setting their car is on. Maybe I'm a poor driver but I swear I can't tell the difference between normal and 'sport'

I'd happily take you up on that! Sit me anywhere in the car, or lay me in the boot; 60 seconds, max...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club