rear view mirrors plus MPG

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Declan1962   
Fri Aug 25 2017, 07:19am
Member No: #3242
Hi

Thank you for making me feel welcome into the C6 fraternity. Please could anyone suggest a remedy for my wing mirrors crazy behaviour? they seem to be working when they feel in the mood, defy orders, or do the exact opposite of whats being asked of them...
Plus they don, t fold back? I have to perform a little tricky reverse when parking and the mirrors are driving me NUTS....or should I say...more nuts.

and finally.. where can I find the display for instant MPG and tank range? - I've twiddled various dials and knobs but failed to find.

Declan
Leeds

Hattershaun   
Fri Aug 25 2017, 08:10am
Member No: #320
Hello Declan,

Press the end of the wiper stalk once to show the trip computer information, then press again & again to scroll through the different informations available.

If you have Sat Nav, you can also press the 'Trip' button on the radio unit, to permanently show trip info on the screen then press wiper stalk to get to your chosen reading.

As for your mirrors, I'd start by checking connections are good, inside the door panels and the connector between car/door (these can get moisture inside and get corroded), the switch panel on the driver's door could be the cause or a faulty mirror itself. Good luck.
PHaTGRoB   
Sat Aug 26 2017, 05:11pm
Member No: #994
Hi Declan. Don't forget that the door mirrors will adjust to preset positions for reversing (a very useful feature, me thinks), and either the left or right mirrors will adjust themselves depending on the position of the three way mirror switch on the driver's door. If the switch is set to the middle position, neither will move. This switch also folds the mirrors in 'manually' by pulling the switch back, when in the central position. The mirrors should fold in automatically on locking the car. Maybe you knew all this and, if so, sorry. However, I hope it helps. GRoB.
Declan1962   
Tue Aug 29 2017, 08:12am
Member No: #3242
Cheers for the tips! The problem with the mirrors must be the switch as its not folding back the mirrors and the position switch is intermittently working. Also the drivers window doesn't always work correctly.

Declan
Leeds

e3steve   
Wed Aug 30 2017, 09:30pm
Member No: #1163
Declan1962 wrote ...

Cheers for the tips! The problem with the mirrors must be the switch as its not folding back the mirrors and the position switch is intermittently working. Also the drivers window doesn't always work correctly.

Declan
Leeds

Try to get somebody to lend you one to try before shelling out for a new one. Don't bother with a used one; they're a common type in most PSA cars of the era and they play up!

Happy to send you one of mine to try out, from my SORNed 2.7, but I'd need it back...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club