C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Speaker Grill Removal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rich   
Mon Oct 24 2011, 05:36pm
Member No: #542
I know I have asked this on my "Speaker Wattage" thread but maybe someone on here is missing it that knows the answer! I am trying to remove my front larger speaker grills and i can't get them off. I can prise them up and just about get my finger in there but they are solid and won't budge. i really hope I don't have to remove my door cards to get to them. Anyone know if this is 100% the case?

Again, apologies for repeating my question.
cruiserphil   
Tue Oct 25 2011, 08:19am

Member No: #38
I haven't had to remove one yet, but I looked at the parts diagram and there are no fixings shown. The grille appears to have spigots with a stepped end that push into slots. It's not clear how many are on the grille.

Hope this helps,

Phil C.
gmerry   
Tue Oct 25 2011, 02:54pm
Member No: #21
Unrepentant, if you end up removing door card, could provide a few tips on how this is done. I'm looking to access the external mirror gubbins, so as to apply some lube. They jerk open in a very stuttering kind of way.

Regards
G
drummond   
Tue Oct 25 2011, 06:58pm
Member No: #238
Gerry, with the car locked the mirrors fold in. There is then a hole in the front face of the mirror, which can take your favourite squirt. I use WD40. No more stutter!
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 26 2011, 07:04am

Member No: #1
G you don't need the door cards off to lubricate the exterior mirrors as Drummond says, check this post: - Click Here -
Website
Dave Mc   
Sun Oct 30 2011, 12:43pm
Member No: #64
I've removed the drivers side door card twice so far to trace a rattle, turned out to be loose card studs. It only takes two minutes to remove the door card; four torx screws and gentle pulling at the six plastic stud securing points. Simples!
sotweedfactor   
Thu Jul 13 2017, 04:03pm
Member No: #2185
The speaker grille is secured to the main door card by 4 x 9mm nuts. You have to gain access to the back of the door card to remove them. The speaker grille does not prise off.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club