C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Refresh for another 10 years!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
cruiserphil   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 12:33pm

Member No: #38
Had a little accident in the garage with the 07 2.7 which damaged the boot lid at the chevrons, about a fortnight ago. However, there were other marks around the car, stone chips on the bonnet etc. that had accumulated. So we decided to go mad and go for a lower body respray. The roof does not require attention and the body shop advised it would be money wasted. So here are some pics from this morning. They're taking off as much trim as possible, including mirrors and door handles. Some clips broke but they have repacements ordered. I'm very pleased so far and it turns out the shop owner used to work in a Citroen garage and had experience of DS, CX and GS/GSA's. His staff appear quite enthusiatic about it as it's different from the norm. Incidentally, I'm pricing the bonnet chevron moulding as they'd prefer to remove it rather than paint up to it.

I'll try and update as it progresses.
Best regards,

Phil C.

David Hallworth   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 09:49pm

Member No: #90
That'll look fantastic when it's finished!

David.
Trainman   
Tue Feb 28 2017, 05:20am

Member No: #86
I agree with Phil, nice to see the front bumper being taken care of in pic three too
keithc   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 03:22pm
Member No: #2584
Fair play Phil. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
gmerry   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 07:58pm
Member No: #21
Its going to look very nice Phil!

Presumably you will replace the door chrome strips which seem to corrode?

Did you remove the side/bottom plastic moldings? Any corrosion behind these?

regards
321dave   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 10:04am
Member No: #614
Hi Phil, I can see why your going to repair the car as I remember it had a lovely paint finish, compared mine for sure. Funny this was going to be my next phase of restoration after all the mechanicals and electrics were well sorted. It will look lovely anyway and new looking after the respray. Looking forward to seeing the photos!
cruiserphil   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 08:16pm

Thanks all!
In reply to G, the body shop removed the side/bottom plastic mouldings but didn't highlight any problems. I'll ask them and report back!
Best regards,
Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Mon Jul 10 2017, 09:11am

321Dave,

In answer to your query in another thread, yes, the respray turned out great. I haven't posted any photos yet as the new badges and the bonnet chevron still have to be fitted. It's on the road unbadged at the rear at the moment which probably has some people guessing what it is.

Best regards,

Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Mon Jul 10 2017, 09:15am

G,

Never came back on your query as promised. However, there was no corrosion behind the lower plastic mouldings on any of the doors.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club